Issaquah, WA: Gunman shoots at school football game

This is a discussion on Issaquah, WA: Gunman shoots at school football game within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gunman dies in shootout near Issaquah High School : The Issaquah Press – News, Sports, Classifieds and More in Issaquah, WA 51 yr old man ...

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar

Gunman dies in shootout near Issaquah High School : The Issaquah Press – News, Sports, Classifieds and More in Issaquah, WA

51 yr old man approaches a school game in progress with two rifles and starts shooting. It smells to me like suicide by cop considering he had rifles (one of which was bolt and the other was almost certainly semiauto given the rapid fire heard by witnesses) and the fact that he hit NO ONE. If you show up at a school sporting event looking to actually kill people, you're pretty much guaranteed at least ONE casualty.

This is most hullabaloo Issaquah has seen in years (decades, probably) so naturally every available unit in a 50-mile radius showed up.

There was some initial confusion because there's a firing range nearby (near enough to be heard, anyway).
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Could be the guy was looking to die,then again he coulda been jacked up and shooting so fast he missed,I would be curious to see where the rounds struck,if there were hits in the populated areas,I would say he was shooting at people since once panic hits you don't know if bullets and people will be trying to occupy the same space even if your not shooting at people
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    I read the article yesterday. It definitely appears to be suicide by cop. You should read some of the die hard "Do Gooders" comments. I really loved the ones about how the police should have shot to disarm the guy, since he was obviously mentally unbalanced!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    One of my worst fears, to be at my son's school attending an athletic event and being unarmed when all heck breaks loose.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Let me get this straight. He's got two rifles, maybe deranged, and I'm going to shoot to disarm him. I don't think so!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Let me get this straight. He's got two rifles, maybe deranged, and I'm going to shoot to disarm him. I don't think so!
    No, but it sure looks like a good idea from the comfort of an armchair.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

State law dictates that no one can carry "concealed" to any sporting event, at least in my state. What an unhappy ending, it would be.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    It's a poor scenario but better by degrees than shoving your head up your muffler and waiting for the end to come. I'd gladly engage him in the open if it meant my family could make a getaway from incoming fire.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

TV news still treating this like "breaking" new...for a minute I was thinking there was ANOTHER school suicide by cop in Issaguah..the school shooting happened Saturday...at a weekend ballgame...nobody but the gun man hurt...thank god..I just confirmed with the wife its Tuesday.......

As long as we have Gun Free School zones this is going to be in the news. When are these jug head politicians going to see that these things NEVER happen at gun shows, NRA conventions, S.H.O.T. shows etc. Come on law makers... get a clue!!!

Links