Phoenix man purchases gun after two men attempt to break into his house

This is a discussion on Phoenix man purchases gun after two men attempt to break into his house within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Liberal Media spin! Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad I must have missed something. How did he "take the law into his own hands"?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Phoenix man purchases gun after two men attempt to break into his house

Liberal Media spin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    I must have missed something. How did he "take the law into his own hands"?

2. Remove Ads

I'm not going to let you in but if you manage to get in your probably going home in a body bag, said Budwill.
    He shouldn't have said that, even if he did mean it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

No, Fajitas you ain't crazy... Well, except for that sign in your yard that says "Try it again, you'll see!"

But this guy here... Well, just make sure you run away from him when he shows you his new gun and says "Hey! Watch this!"
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

@oakchas: my buddy is an electrical engineer and we put Christmas lights on a motion sensor. To keep 'em from cutting the phone line and flipping the electrical breakers again. Vibration sensors on the windows connected to more lights inside. It was fun to make up deterrents for criminals before they got to throw another hammer through my window.
    I didn't put my used targets on the fence, but I made a change in my routine. I didn't always leave the van at home. It stayed at work sometimes and it was harder to tell if I was away for a weekend.
    Getting an alarm and a safe let me feel better about travelling.
    Before they get to the safe they gotta jump a fence and deal with my
    Christmas Lights!
    Skillet Hot!

When they say don't say anything to the cops until you get a lawyer, it should also go to keep your trap shut on your defenses. Isn't it also a privacy issue when the news puts your name up in lights in these stories? I'd sue just for invasion of privacy to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I would think a reporter in Arizona would know better.....
    There are still plenty of knuckleheads here in AZ - especially in the media, TV and print.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links