Pregnant Woman Commits Armed Robbery!!!

This is a discussion on Pregnant Woman Commits Armed Robbery!!! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Amazing! A couple of days after a thread on a "what if" scenario of "would you shoot a pregnant woman?" was on here, an actual ...

Thread: Pregnant Woman Commits Armed Robbery!!!

Amazing! A couple of days after a thread on a "what if" scenario of "would you shoot a pregnant woman?" was on here, an actual pregnant woman tried to commit an armed robbery! I saw it on one of the local Dayton TV stations last night, and it is on the newpaper's website.

Here is a link to the story: Pregnant woman pleads guilty to abduction, robbery - News Story - WHIO Dayton.

Talk about a coincidence! I, for one, thought it a highly unlikely scenario that a pregnant woman who do such a thing, but two days later one does!!!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Thats a good example to those who say its stupid to do the "scenario games". Mental training can be just as beneficial as physical.

Quote Originally Posted by tcon67 View Post
    Thats a good example to those who say its stupid to do the "scenario games". Mental training can be just as beneficial as physical.
    I gotta agree with you on that. It's just lucky for this prego BG (Bad Girl, instead of Bad Guy) that the woman she tried to abduct and rob was not armed and had the same attitude I, and a lot of others, had expressed that it did NOT matter if it was a pregnant person or not--a threat to your life is a threat to you life, regardless of who is doing it and would result in the BG getting shot!

According to the TV news interview, the woman who was being robbed drove her car into a populated mini-mart/gas station and started screaming for help. The BG got out and ran away, but was apprehended by police shortly thereafter.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Sounds like someone was trying to get some insight if people would shoot,hmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Sounds like someone was trying to get some insight if people would shoot,hmmm!
    Nothing like scientific proof.

So much for the odds of this happening....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by tcon67 View Post
    Indeed

"You've been so nice to me and all... I'm sorry, I'm here to rob you, I've got a gun"

8 months preggers. Did she show the weapon? No mention of one being found. hmmmm.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Born and raised in Huber Heights, and don't live far from there now. That is the SouthWest section of Huber, along Old Troy Pike, which in the last decade or so has become very low income housing. The part of Huber that Dayton is "creeping in through."
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Give me your money and credit cards or I'm gonna pop this kid out right here
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Would be my luck her water would break right in the middle of it. HMM..there's a scenario game in itself!!!

If you can think of it for a scenario, it likely that some crook has thought of it as a caper.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

She probably read that some on this forum might be hesitant to shoot someone in her condition. There it is, it's our fault! We should have left no doubt, that if threatened we would shoot.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    I'll admit that I was one that compared our previously discussed scenario to that of being held up by a baby seal... This once again proves that if you can dream it, somebody is out there doing it.

Although, I also said I'd be willing to shoot either one.

Sponsored Links