A Little Good News Today

A Little Good News Today

This is a discussion on A Little Good News Today within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This guy needed killing and it looks like we got him. Officials: U.S.-born al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki killed - CNN.com...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: A Little Good News Today

A Little Good News Today

This guy needed killing and it looks like we got him.
    Officials: U.S.-born al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki killed - CNN.com
    Last edited by wmhawth; September 30th, 2011 at 12:26 PM.

Good.

Is it over yet?

Nope?

Bad.

Let's quit wasting our blood and treasure on these fools.

I know, we've done a lot of good... I know we've helped proselytize and demonstrate democracy.

It is now up to the people there to decide what they want... we did, some 230+ years ago... If they want to go on living in huts and hovels, caves and holes, it is their decision... "They, the People" need to choose what they want...
    garyacman likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Oh yeah, he sleeps with the fishes this day... I bet he's ticked off to no end to find out that his 72 virgins have horns and are so glad he could finally drop in..
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    This is good news. We owe'd this guy. This was payback.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Good.

Is it over yet?

Nope?

Bad.

Let's quit wasting our blood and treasure on these fools.

I know, we've done a lot of good... I know we've helped proselytize and demonstrate democracy.

It is now up to the people there to decide what they want... we did, some 230+ years ago... If they want to go on living in huts and hovels, caves and holes, it is their decision... "They, the People" need to choose what they want...
    True enough but killing al-alwaki was all about ridding the world of a dangerous terrorist who wanted to kill or incite others to kill Americans. He may have even influenced the Ft Hood killer. Getting this guy really needed to be done.

Until we quit buying foreign oil and products,we will keep funding these countries/organizations that want to kill us.I guarantee you if we went full tilt oil production here and quit buying theres they would be trying to give it away,their economies would turn to crap overnight and we would get the blame for that too
    WHEC724 and garyacman like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

GM
    One down, many more to go.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    This is a pathetic shame that our country had to murder our own citizen.

I understand the crimes against our country and the sheer absolute horrible fact he comitted high treason against his country but how can we stoop so low as Americans to justify our government murdering our own citizen without a trial where upon conviction he would be put to death anyway.

What if this happened to anyone else in our country? It will happen again more and more becuase we stand for this crap.

Im disgusted.

And I have served several tours in Iraq and Kuwait and have seen it all however what I see is the bigger picture.

Disgusting.
    Tzadik likes this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

I am kind of surprised at how much support there is for the extra judicial execution of an American citizen by the United States government. If we care so little about his Right to due process why should we expect anyone to care about ours? Well I guess that whole trial by an impartial jury, getting to face your accuser stuff is just SOOOOO last century.

We used to be an example for the rest of the world to follow. I am not so sure anymore.
    tangoseal and Tzadik like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I am kind of surprised at how much support there is for the extra judicial execution of an American citizen by the United States government. If we care so little about his Right to due process why should we expect anyone to care about ours? Well I guess that whole trial by an impartial jury, getting to face your accuser stuff is just SOOOOO last century.

We used to be an example for the rest of the world to follow. I am not so sure anymore.
    This *American citizen* you refer to had managed to become an operational leader of al quaeda on the Arabian Peninsula. Capturing him in Yemen, interrogating him and bringing him to trial was not an option. The guy was an enemy of the United States and a danger to us and to others. There will be those who disagree with and are even apalled by our action in neutralizing this dangerous traitor. I'm not one of them. I say good work to our military and our intelligence services in erasing this enemy of our country.
    Fitch likes this.

VIP Member
    One instance of our tax dollars being put to good use.
    garyacman likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Whats really gets me and is quite sad is all the people on these very forums who "I know the constitution inside and out, or ... I am well educated and proud to support and defend our constitution". Well you just broke your oaths to uphold our constitution.

Yeah trial by Jury for all American citizens accused of a crime is in there. Read it again. Dont even come back with some attempt at an answer as to why this is justified. Because there is none.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post

How do we handle an American traitor who lives with the enemy, and actively conspires with the enemy to harm American citizens?

Oh yes, I remember....we hang him.

But in this case we skipped the trial and jury and simply punched his ticket..........because the enemy doesn't play by accepted rules, so why should we?

Administrator
    Well, I'm happy that this guy bit the dust but constitutionally...it's standing atop a very slippery slope.
    It's a dangerous precedent "picking & choosing" the portions of the Constitution that we like and ignoring what we don't like or what does not fit a given agenda.
    Who will be the next American that needs to be "taken out" because somebody "higher up" believes that he is a traitor to our country?
    Tzadik likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    "How do we handle an American traitor who lives with the enemy, and actively conspires with the enemy to harm American citizens?"

A trial w/ a charge of treason - with him in absentia. Evidence presented in court with a jury of his peers reaching a guilty verdict and then we go kill him.
    RoadKill likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links