Since so many people here approve govt murders of our citizens.....

This is a discussion on Since so many people here approve govt murders of our citizens..... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just wanted to share one of the latest news releases for your consumption. As my title line states, yup, here ya go .... Secret panel ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Since so many people here approve govt murders of our citizens.....

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

Since so many people here approve govt murders of our citizens.....

Just wanted to share one of the latest news releases for your consumption.

As my title line states, yup, here ya go ....

Secret panel can put Americans on kill list' | Reuters

Enjoy your freedom from being murdered from your government where due process is the law of the land and is cherished and protected by every member of even these forums.
    torgo1968 likes this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Traitors on the battlefield (wherever that battlefield may be in this crazy war) are fair game IMHO. Actually they are designated as kill or capture. Sorta leaves it up to the traitor. If you would like to go arrest 'em in the wilds of Yemen or Pakistan and read 'em their rights, have at it.

If you think about it the government hunted down and killed hundreds of thousands of citizens in the 1860s. Which one is most justified?
    wmhawth and Old School like this.

I couldn't care if those Camel dung eaters are American or not,you Join the Enemy and you should expect to get treated like the enemy,I've never heard of any troops in Combat asking to see the passport of the guy shooting at them to make sure they weren't shooting back at an American Citizen
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

You're either for us or against us. This is war!

:ROFLMAO:
    ^does this work?

If they killed him as a bystander or combatant during one of our Military Ops, oh well. But he was the target of an attack and was a US Citizen.
    A trial (I'd even accept one in absentia) should be required and at least the offered opportunity to submit a defense.

Our Government should be held to that standard for ALL Americans.
    Last edited by Tzadik; October 6th, 2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: spelling
    kaboomkaboom likes this.

so if he was in the room with Osama...should we have not shot him?

Edit: this reminds me of Lethal Weapon II when the guy is standing up on the tower with his official papers saying "diplomatic immunity" and Danny Globber shot him between the eyes and said "it expired!"

Someone post a youtube link.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    so if he was in the room with Osama...should we have not shot him?

No, he'd be justifiable collateral damage. If he was the object of the operation he deserves a trial as a US Citizen.

We now need to get Adam Gadahn in the crosshairs.

Adam Yahiye Gadahn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't like the idea of secret panels deciding who is a target. If this must be done to stop a terrorist who has orchestrated attacks against the US then full disclosure after the action should be required.

Just how many special operations folks lives would you waste to bring a piece of excrement like Awlaki to justice? Or would you allow the US citizen terrorist to run loose, recruiting al Queda members and leading terrorist operations against the US?

Two consecutive US administrations concluded that killing Awlaki was legal. At least one federal judge ruled that killing Awlaki was legal under US law. Several other US citizen terrorists should be visited by Predators real soon. i'm not concerned that secret panel is authorizing the killing of terrorists, whatever their citizenship.
    Old School and wmhawth like this.

American Citizens are guaranteed due process...If an American citizen is engaged on the battlefield against the United States, he becomes an enemy combatant...if he is not engaged on the Battle filed, as a Citizen, he is afforded the protection of the constitution. After Timothy McVie committed his atrocious, despicable act of terrorism, should he have been put on a " Gov't Kill List", or arrested and tried by a jury of his peers? What about BEFORE he committed his dastardly crimes? Kill list okay then? Explain how sadamm sussein's, pol pot's, jong kim ill's, the Taliban's, etc..Kill lists are wrong, but it's okay for our country...the one with Rights and Freedom...to do so? Allowing the Government to "by pass the constitution in some cases" is a slippery slope...We are ALL suppose to live in a country of laws...that includes our Government...

Here's something to ponder .......

First they came for the communists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
    and there was no one left to speak out for me

~Pastor Martin Niemöller
    Tzadik, Chevy-SS, Hopyard and 1 others like this.

That's EXACTLY the quote that was going through my brain.

VIP Member
    I'm not sure this thread is going to last too long.

American or not, if an enemy is on foreign soil and actively engaged in the planning and/or carrying out of operations against U.S. troops and facilities, he has made his choice. Just because he is an American does not afford him any extra leeway. War is by its very nature an armed conflict, and very nasty business best left to those who have the stomach to do what is necessary.
    franco45, Old School and ep1953 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Just how many special operations folks lives would you waste to bring a piece of excrement like Awlaki to justice? Or would you allow the US citizen terrorist to run loose, recruiting al Queda members and leading terrorist operations against the US?

Two consecutive US administrations concluded that killing Awlaki was legal. At least one federal judge ruled that killing Awlaki was legal under US law. Several other US citizen terrorists should be visited by Predators real soon. i'm not concerned that secret panel is authorizing the killing of terrorists, whatever their citizenship.
    First off, anyone in the special forces signed up to risk everything for this country and are prepared to do it. Simply because someone might die in the line of duty is no reason whatsoever to ignore to US constitution.

Secondly, no administration or appointed federal judge has more say than the 5th amendment. The enemy combatant argument does not apply as we are not at war. You cannot goto war with an idea or private entity, only nations/states can go to war and then only via an official declaration(which we dont have). There is not a legal leg for anyone to stand on here, the US constitution was violated plain and simple.
    Tzadik likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links