Came across these news stories this morning.

This is a discussion on Came across these news stories this morning. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police badges, handgun stolen in daytime burglary in Raymond RAYMOND, Maine — The Cumberland County Sheriff’s Department says a deputy’s handgun and several badges were ...

Thread: Came across these news stories this morning.

Police badges, handgun stolen in daytime burglary in Raymond

RAYMOND, Maine — The Cumberland County Sheriff’s Department says a deputy’s handgun and several badges were stolen during a brazen daytime burglary in Raymond.

Officials say the burglars took a number of badges including Cumberland County “Deputy”, “Detective” and “Sergeant,” as well as a Maine Drug Enforcement Agency badge. Also stolen was a portable firearm safe with a .40-caliber Glock handgun and several loaded magazines.

Police badges, handgun stolen in daytime burglary in Raymond — Maine News — Bangor Daily News

Visiting police officer's gun, badges stolen in West Knox County

KNOXVILLE — A visiting law-enforcement officer from Maine reported that his gun and badge were stolen from his vehicle at a West Knox County apartment complex this week, according to authorities.

The officer, with Maine's Cumberland County Sheriff's Office, was attending a training session at the National Forensics Academy in Oak Ridge, according to the Knox County Sheriff's Office.

Visiting police officer's gun, badges stolen in West Knox County » Knoxville News Sentinel

How's that for an odd little coincidence? Same sheriff's department has badges and guns stolen in two different states.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    Something smells fishy to me.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Something smells fishy to me.
    I saw the story about the incident in Tennessee and went to the Maine newspaper to see if there was any mention there. That's where I found the story of the other incident of badges and guns being stolen there. In both cases detective badges and .40 caliber handguns were stolen. The two towns are a thousand miles apart.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

NOW THAT's EMBARRASSKIN!

Had this one happen here in CO Sept 22.

Probably happens more often than we think.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    coincidences do happen but best not to believe in them
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

This is why employees should be allowed to bring their firearms inside and secure them even if the company has a no-gun policy. Safes bolted to the floor/wall take a lot more time and effort to steal.

That's why I will be looking for a vehicle safe I can do more than store in my vehicle during the day.

Here's what I have bolted down inside my center console. Big enough for either my .380 or my .40, but not both:

Reviews for Gunvault Nanovault Firearm Safe NV300 - View or add your review!

Hard to see the numbers on the combo wheels at night without a flashlight, but otherwise I've been very happy with it.

VIP Member
    Not a big deal, but if it was You or Me I would hate to think of the out come.

Links