Boxcutter robbers on NY subway, Teens...

This is a discussion on Boxcutter robbers on NY subway, Teens... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Okay how long do you think this would last in say ..... Georgia before someone put an end to their miserable existence with a little ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Boxcutter robbers on NY subway, Teens...

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

Okay how long do you think this would last in say ..... Georgia before someone put an end to their miserable existence with a little ole' ACP round.

Police Seek Five Thugs Suspected Of Subway Robberies At Broadway And Lafayette And Broadway And East Houston Subway Stations « CBS New York
    awoodpd13 likes this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    You can't realistically defend yourself with a handgun in a crowded subway; and certainly not against multiple assailants. Remember, you are responsible for all the innocents you shoot in the process.

Maybe you could scare them off, but there's no way you could safely fire other than to push it right into their belly; and then it best be a lower power and maybe frangible, and while you are doing that if the buds don't run they'll slice you from the side or behind. There's just no room for maneuvering.

If you ride the subway, carry little of value with you and hand it over.

Take solace in the fact that these thugs will be found. That is guaranteed. And also, contrary to popular belief, crime in the subway is fairly rare.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

“They look pretty young and it’s sad because they have such a great life ahead of them and there’s so much more they can be doing,”
    I'm not sure if this is the height of optimism or naivete.
    Rock and Glock and mr.stuart like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    View of the sheep!
    Mr B likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Where's Bernie Goetz when we need him? "Here, I've got five dollars for each of you..."
    wmhawth likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Cool

Nick Dundee knew how to handle NY punks..........

OS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NHcTM5IA4
    Guantes likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    It's called being optimistically naive.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    You can't realistically defend yourself with a handgun in a crowded subway; and certainly not against multiple assailants. Remember, you are responsible for all the innocents you shoot in the process.

Maybe you could scare them off, but there's no way you could safely fire other than to push it right into their belly; and then it best be a lower power and maybe frangible, and while you are doing that if the buds don't run they'll slice you from the side or behind. There's just no room for maneuvering.

If you ride the subway, carry little of value with you and hand it over.

Take solace in the fact that these thugs will be found. That is guaranteed. And also, contrary to popular belief, crime in the subway is fairly rare.
    Oh yeah you can...

I don't believe Bernhard Goetz shot any innocent subway patrons. Just the scumbags robbing him with a screwdriver.

And unfortunately these scumbags don't study much history. They are acting brazenly because they are in a known "gun free" zone, and can act pretty much with impunity.

However, one day, they just may meet another Bernie Goetz, or an undercover transit authority police officer

Unacceptable! And to be honest, sounds like something a mayor Bloomberg or Chuck Schumer (bleeding heart liberal) would say.

It would really suck to be the one they slice to ribbons or kill before they get caught. I don't think offering their murder victim's family a "Take solace in the fact that these thugs will be found" would be an acceptable consolation prize either.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n
    However, one day, they just may meet another Bernie Goetz, or an undercover transit authority police officer
    Or, perhaps a cranky old LEOSA retiree tourist.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I believe that this will be their 'cure'.
    awoodpd13 and garyacman like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    “They look pretty young and it’s sad because they have such a great life ahead of them and there’s so much more they can be doing,” said Gwen Everett of Bed-Stuy.
    And when someone blows their sorry little butts away, this person will be saying: "They were really good kids.....they were trying to get their lives together.....why didn't he just shoot them in the leg instead of murdering them in cold blood?"
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    I was thinking an off duty NYPD officer would be their demise.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

The NYC Subways isnt a gun free zone. I have ridden these subways for most of my life. For the most part they are crime free. However there is a genre of criminals who specialize in subway crime. Most subway crime involves larceny of one kind or another, or fraudulent acosting. But there are a few groups that do violent crime. I've had one crew attempt to rob me on the way to work one day. Didnt go so well for them.

As it happens I know both Bernie Goetz, and the mutts that attempted to rob him. (they were from my steady sector) Bernie is no racist, and these perps was out to get paid. IMO he did us all a favor. And proved that one could defend against a subway gang with a handgun.
    Bark'n likes this.

Yeah, but I don't know any of those, at least not any that would set foot in NYC or Chicago.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links