Houston: bad start, but good ending

This is a discussion on Houston: bad start, but good ending within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; These 2 BG came in shooting; 2nd clerk saved the day. Robbery suspect and clerk injured in gas station shootout on Houston's south side | ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Houston: bad start, but good ending

Houston: bad start, but good ending

2. Remove Ads

Scary stuff, tough to defend against such an assault. You just have to pray that you make it through the first barrage and last long enough to return fire. Hope they get the rest of them.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

They are very lucky that the clerk made it to his gun!
    Old School likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Having a gun stashed under the counter is fine as long as you have one on your person also.

This piece of garbage had all the intent in the world of killing both clerks.

Glad the clerks survived.

OS
    Guantes and awoodpd13 like this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

These videos make me sick. I'm not sure if I should feel bad about this but is it just me, or do other people smile and chuckle a little when they see this BG jump like a stuck pig and caterpillar crawl over the counter once he's on the receiving end of the lead he just sent out at his victims....I went from frowning and upset seeing the innocent clerk being wounded to smirking and thinking "thats right *****" seeing the clerk fight back.

I'm sure the official police report, regardless of the fact the clerks were wounded and under fire, will be " he should have just handed over the money, that gun was unnecessary and dangerous!!"
    "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!"

Very hard to prepare for.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Svinfinity45
    I'm sure the official police report, regardless of the fact the clerks were wounded and under fire, will be " he should have just handed over the money, that gun was unnecessary and dangerous!!"
    While made in statements to the press, that type of information is not included in police reports and in this case I suspect would not be in a press statement.

Sorry Guantes, I meant the police report to the press, so press statement. I was being semi sarcastic and exaggerating about the fact that the police almost always say it was a bad idea for the good guy to fight back. Sorry for the misinterpretation.
    "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!"

No problem, LE does in fact sometimes spew the "just submit" a bit too much. I think that in this case, with its circumstances, they would have to be stupid to make such statements.
    Old School and oneshot like this.

The video shows the wounded suspect crawling out of the store, trying to get away.

That wounded suspect was found bleeding at a home nearby. He was taken to a nearby hospital in unknown condition.

The police had a good blood trail to follow.
    Hope the clerk is doing well.

This is a great story on the importance of having your firearm on your person.
    When the first shot was heard as the dirtbags entered... was the time to get the 'lead' moving.
    Inspector71 and Bubbiesdad like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Did anyone else notice the home owner holding a handgun while being interviewed?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Watching the story and noting the address of the station made me think of Chris Rock.

"Any city in America, if there a MLK Blvd. , there's going to be some violence going down there. If a friend calls you on the telephone and says they're lost on Martin Luther King Boulevard and they want to know what they should do, the best response is ‘Run!"
    mr.stuart likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Did anyone else notice the home owner holding a handgun while being interviewed?
    I'm surprised the TV didn't zoom-in for a close-up!

Those interviews and the low-level in-store video were not on the original TV piece. There also was a customer in the store as the perps entered.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Having a gun stashed under the counter is fine as long as you have one on your person also.

This piece of garbage had all the intent in the world of killing both clerks.

Glad the clerks survived.

OS
    Fully agree that the BGs intent was to kill the clerks and then take the money.

Also agree that the clerks would have been better off with on body carry.

Noticed haw fast this event happened, SA on part of clerks would have helped them in this event.

Also notice that there is no honor among thieves as the other one just ran off and left his partner in crime.

Low life scum, or low life scum!!!!!!!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links