GOOD! But that's gotta hurt.........

This is a discussion on GOOD! But that's gotta hurt......... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A quick-handed NYPD sergeant stopped a violent felon from shooting him in the gut by jamming his ring finger under the hammer of the felonís ...

Thread: GOOD! But that's gotta hurt.........

GOOD! But that's gotta hurt.........

A quick-handed NYPD sergeant stopped a violent felon from shooting him in the gut by jamming his ring finger under the hammer of the felonís .38 revolver, cops said today.

NYPD Sgt. Saves Own Life By Jamming Finger Into Trigger Of Felon's Gun | Fox News

ďThis guy pulled the trigger so many times he broke the sergeantís finger,Ē said the police source.

2. Remove Ads

Good on the cop. I had to place my thumb around the hammer of a revolver to keep from getting shot many moons ago. I wasn't a happy camper! Not trying to hi-jack, just a personal experience.

mel
    Quick thinking made this a good outcome. NY is cesspool, hopefully this idiot is off the streets for a long while.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Good job!! That takes fast hands. Glad to hear a 'happy' ending. It was only sullied by the broken finger, which is definitely the better outcome.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Senior Moderator
    That dinger up finger didnt hurt as much as getting shot in the gut.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quick thinking on Sgt Millers part.

This isnít the first legal trouble for Graves, who lives just four blocks from where he was pulled over. He has served time for murder in the second degree, robbery, forgery, and criminal possession of a weapon according to a police source.
    Just think, he'll probably get 2 years for this one, and time off for good behavior!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    Quick thinking made this a good outcome. NY is cesspool, hopefully this idiot is off the streets for a long while.
    actually the BG has an extensive record including a murder conviction, yet the courts let him run free

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Quick thinking on Sgt Millers part.

Just think, he'll probably get 2 years for this one, and time off for good behavior!
    unfortunately this may not be far from the outcome, our courts are the ones who are not doing their job of putting people like this away for a very long time.

It doesn't do any good to catch them if the courts are going to let them go!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Quick thinking saves the day.

This would be one of the times where a thorough beating of a suspect (within an inch of his worthless life) could be overlooked as a necessary evil. "He just wouldn't stop resisting, & could've had another weapon."
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

The POS was attempting to kill the officer. Why did the officer (or his partner) not pull his weapon and defend himself?

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    The POS was attempting to kill the officer. Why did the officer (or his partner) not pull his weapon and defend himself?
    Don't know 'cause I wasn't there, but most of the time, it's just an instinctive reaction. You're not really thinking about it. As for his partner trying to shoot the bad guy while he's struggling with a fellow officer? That could end up really messy.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Now that's thinking on yer toes...er...fingers
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    actually the BG has an extensive record including a murder conviction, yet the courts let him run free
    Does a 2nd degree murder count as a felony? I can't recall, but if so, added to attempted murder (this time- AND of an officer) he also gets the bonus 'felon in possession of a firearm' on top of it. So, I think he might be screwed this time. (no pun intended there, but I just noticed it )
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Links