Attempted robbery at Wendy's

This is a discussion on Attempted robbery at Wendy's within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Another fast food joint "armed" robbed (and I don't mean robbed of their arms). Appears to be an inside job using a BB gun by ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Attempted robbery at Wendy's

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

Attempted robbery at Wendy's

Another fast food joint "armed" robbed (and I don't mean robbed of their arms).

Appears to be an inside job using a BB gun by Detroit's version of the 3 Stooges...whoop, whoop...

3 Accused Of Staging Armed Robbery At Wendy's
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

2. Remove Ads

Those morons probably thought this was a risk-free venture. Other than getting caught by the police (which they are not afraid of) they probably thought there was no risk of injury or death. But I wonder what would have happened if a nearby customer had been packing heat, thought this was a real armed robbery and started shooting the guy with the BB Pistol?
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Those morons probably thought this was a risk-free venture. Other than getting caught by the police (which they are not afraid of) they probably thought there was no risk of injury or death. But I wonder what would have happened if a nearby customer had been packing heat, thought this was a real armed robbery and started shooting the guy with the BB Pistol?
    Depending on the outcome, the good samaritan customer would probably have ended up being charged.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    Committing armed robbery and using a vehicle with an improper plate...Darwin, call your office.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I don't "pack heat" I carry a gun. (I hate that phrase)
    Inspector71 and msgt/ret like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Agreed. I hate that almost as much as someone calling a magazine a clip!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

And just when they were about to change their lives around for the better!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Depending on the outcome, the good samaritan customer would probably have ended up being charged.
    Most likely not here in Michigan....see "Castle Doctrine"....applies to anyplace you have a legal right to be.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    How so. If the good samaritan reasonably feel that it is a real gun and is in fear of his/her life and the life of others then everything would be all good.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    How so. If the good samaritan reasonably feel that it is a real gun and is in fear of his/her life and the life of others then everything would be all good.
    Depends on the laws of the land. In my state, I can use my weapon to stop an active felony (like armed robbery) so I would be fine to intervene. Whether or not I did, depends on the robbers. But I would be unholstered and ready to send lead their way for sure.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    So how do you feel about "So I played him a tune on my Roscoe"??

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    So how do you feel about "So I played him a tune on my Roscoe"??
    like it about as much as when someone calls their pistol a "piece". Feel like I'm watching an Al Capone movie......
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    So, if a customer just so happened to be packin' heat by carrying his roscoe/piece, what was the BG packin' with his BB gun?

Ice, a cold pack, a "pop"-cicle, ???
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

The three idiots tried and failed...end of story!
    Lock them up for a long time...next story?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    So nobody's going to capitalize on the "you'll shoot your eye out" reference?
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links