Good reason not to get involved in some situations - Page 2

Good reason not to get involved in some situations

This is a discussion on Good reason not to get involved in some situations within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; That guy is going to stick his nose into the wrong fight one day... ...and did I hear correctly that there is a group of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Good reason not to get involved in some situations

That guy is going to stick his nose into the wrong fight one day...

...and did I hear correctly that there is a group of these comic-book vigilantes roaming the streets of Seattle?!? I always knew that the disease didn't stop at the California border, just look at Portland. Must have something to do with the proximity to the Pacific Ocean.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Escapees from the comic book ward.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

He definately uses the "Industrial Size" pepper spray.

Shades of "Dog" the bounty hunter.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    I'm blessed as I can just sit at home and problems come my way, without me doing anything.
    oneshot and Hoganbeg like this.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    It looks more like a luche libre storyline than something out of Marvel Comics. In the absence of super powers, perhaps if he learned some Egyptian Hypnosis: Illegal Wrestling Move HYPNOSIS RARE MUST SEE!!! - YouTube

This kook, running around in silver long-johns, was an accident looking for a place to happen.
    Maybe the arrest will wake him up!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Doesn't look lke he deserved an arrest nor charges. Sounds like the PD decided to try to stop him, but .. what did he really do wrong .. try to stop a fight ? Complacency among the people, is worse.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

The actor dressing up as Spawn for the comic con wants his mask back. Todd Mcfarlane's gonna be pissed.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    I'm blessed as I can just sit at home and problems come my way, without me doing anything.

^^^^^^^I agree^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Some people just can't accept the fact that the world is going to hell in a hand-basket, and feel they are the only one's to prevent it from occuring.

I'm from the "Don't Tread on Me" school of thought.

If someone is getting the best of an old codger {hey wait a minute, I'm almost an old codger myself}, female or a child, I may interject myself, to some varying degree if I know enough of the situation.
    Other than that,,,Fuuggedda-bout-it!!!!!!!!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Yes, the guys obviously not playing with a full deck but, by not getting a statement from the camera man, it also looks like a case of the police cherry-picking the evidence that is going into their report. Just another example of why one should avoid the system whenever possible.
    Deuce130 likes this.

Well, sometimes we tend to dwell on all the possible negative aspects without considering the possibility that he was only a professional wrestler (wearing a costume that would normally be considered pretty bland by current standards) who became disoriented after taking one too many body-slams and wandered out of the arena into the street where he was accousted by infidels who don't recognize the promoter-purported super-hero status of all professional wrestlers. Could have been that the cops showed up, recognized he was a powerful city councilman, and only arrested him for "protective custody" purposes before he could change into his Tinkerbell costume and start hanging around the playground again. OK, so that's not as wild as his story

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Did he take his mask off for the mug shots? If he did he's a fake. A real super hero never takes his mask off. I read the manuals on superheros. DC comics sold all the manuals on how to be a superhero. Rule #1 never take your mask off.

Michael
    This post is awesome. Very funny.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    "Destiny's powerful hand has made the bed of my future, and it's up to me to lie in it. I am destined to be a superhero. To right wrongs, and to pound two-fisted justice into the hearts of evildoers everywhere. And you don't fight destiny. No sir. And, you don't eat crackers in the bed of your future, or you get all... scratchy."

"Like a great blue salmon of Justice, the mighty Tick courses upstream to the very spawning ground of evil. "

From "The Tick", the only Superhero worth his tights.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Maybe the other super heroes could march in solidarity. That would be something.

EdC
    See the inteview. Phoenix Jones does have the best costume of all the Seattle Superheroes:

Seattle’s ‘superheroes’ bask in national spotlight | Seattle 911 — A Police and Crime Blog - seattlepi.com

Why don't they become LEO's? Because cops don't get to carry a wooden sword or give a "warning tase" to an "attempted drunk driver".

In the word of one of these guys, they also help law enforcement because police can only get involved if there is probable cause. Their theory is that by getting involved in some of these situations, they escalate it to a point where the cops have probable cause to become involved. Mission accomplished, Phoenix!

Look at the interviewer's expression when he says that. She was flabbergasted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links