Florida Officer shoots naked man who entered her home with bow and arrow - Page 2

Florida Officer shoots naked man who entered her home with bow and arrow

This is a discussion on Florida Officer shoots naked man who entered her home with bow and arrow within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Nothing in the story said he had the bow drawn. That would take 2 hands but to just carry it with an arrow nocked can ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Florida Officer shoots naked man who entered her home with bow and arrow

VIP Member
    Nothing in the story said he had the bow drawn. That would take 2 hands but to just carry it with an arrow nocked can be done one handed. Depending on what he was wearing he could remove his clothing 1 handed.

Anyone want to take bets on him being either drunk/high on drugs, or both?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    She may have had other guns in the house, and she intended to lure him outside to buy herself some time, and distance him away from her son. It all does seem a bit fishy, and/or really dumb BG. Regardless, we only have a media story to go by.
    Easier to clean up the mess outside...carpets and drywall are expensive to replace...
    Guest1 and rigel42 like this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    She may have had other guns in the house, and she intended to lure him outside to buy herself some time, and distance him away from her son. It all does seem a bit fishy, and/or really dumb BG. Regardless, we only have a media story to go by.
    I would have to agreed on the fishy media story. *Armchair Quarterbacking* If the BG had the time to undress himself butt naked. He must had to set aside his Bow and arrow. After getting her firearm she turned around and seen him naked and shot him. If that is her story, I don't know about FL law, at the time she shot him was she still in a Life threatening or serious bodily harm from the naked BG? It would be intersting to be on the investigating team doing the walk-through on this one?
    More like a poorly written News article then a fishy storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Nothing in the story said he had the bow drawn. That would take 2 hands but to just carry it with an arrow nocked can be done one handed. Depending on what he was wearing he could remove his clothing 1 handed.

Anyone want to take bets on him being either drunk/high on drugs, or both?
    You might be right! Also, this might be a lesson learn, to know your neighbors! Who would enter a cops home??

Like a "reserve",and I bet she'll re-think that gun in the "truck" thing,maybe she does'nt have a way to secure it in the house from her kid,which I know is a poor excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    2 things.

1) what the heck is a "auxiliary" trooper?

2) why didn't she have her firearm inside the house?

She got really lucky that she faced a criminal who was stupid enough to allow her to go outside and get what she needed to defend herself. This situation could have been much worse for her.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    i will not comment further on this thread because it will either earn me another demerit or get me banned for language and/or innuendos.

it's too easy
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Did the trooper take the time to get dressed first before confronting the perp?

Since she was in the shower herself when this all started, the potential for two naked people standing in the front yard would have been interesting for the responding officers. Naked couple armed with guns n arrows... sounds like a new reality show.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Since she was in the shower herself when this all started, the potential for two naked people standing in the front yard would have been interesting for the responding officers.
    I haven't played "Cowgirls and Indians" in years.

"Ma'am, did he have any concealed weapons?"
    "Ummmmm, I'm positive he didn't."

I'd like to hear his plea in court.
    "Your honor, there's a perfectly logical explanation to this.............."

VIP Member
    The story is slim on details but it appears her actions were reasonable and quite clever.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by baren View Post
    I would have to agreed on the fishy media story. *Armchair Quarterbacking* If the BG had the time to undress himself butt naked. He must had to set aside his Bow and arrow. After getting her firearm she turned around and seen him naked and shot him. If that is her story, I don't know about FL law, at the time she shot him was she still in a Life threatening or serious bodily harm from the naked BG? It would be intersting to be on the investigating team doing the walk-through on this one?
    More like a poorly written News article then a fishy storyline.
    It's Florida, maybe the guy was just wearing a pair of swim trunks. Still plenty warm down there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links