Bad : Little Caesars Robbery Near My Home

Bad : Little Caesars Robbery Near My Home

This is a discussion on Bad : Little Caesars Robbery Near My Home within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This robbery occured in broad daylight around noon. It is a high traffic area with difficulty getting in and out. I occasionally go to this ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EdC

Thread: Bad : Little Caesars Robbery Near My Home

Thumbs down Bad : Little Caesars Robbery Near My Home

This robbery occured in broad daylight around noon. It is a high traffic area with difficulty getting in and out. I occasionally go to this place for one of their $5 Hot N Ready pizzas. The Fantastic Sams where I get my hair cut is just across the Avenue and two grocery stores we frequent are in close proximity. We also live about 6 blocks away from this area. Like they say, anytime, anywhere, anyplace. I guess staying armed is the ticket for places like this.

There are some photos of said robber on the Herald-Dispatch site. He kind of looks familiar to me, but I work with the public and everyone looks familiar at some point.

Police investigate armed robbery at Little Caesars

The Herald-Dispatch

HUNTINGTON, WV -- Detectives are investigating the Thursday holdup of a local pizza shop.

Cabell County 911 received word at 11:49 a.m. Thursday of an armed robbery at Little Caesars. The restaurant is located at 100 block of 7th Avenue.

Huntington Police Detective Chris Sperry said the assailant parked his white pickup truck at the front entrance. He then walked inside, pulled a handgun and demanded cash.

The assailant got an undisclosed amount of cash from the register and ran. He returned to the white pickup truck and drove away, Sperry said.

Investigators released photographs from the store's surveillance system. Sperry said they believe someone will know the man's identity by connecting the person photographed to the pickup truck.

Anyone with information about the man's identity should contact the Huntington Police Department at 304-696-4420.

No injuries were reported.
    Police investigate armed robbery at Little Caesars - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

EdC
    Bad that it happened. Good that nobody got hurt. Even better that the armed robber might get caught.
    joker1 likes this.

They'll find this guy shortly!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

"all the money is in the safe down here" (bends down), stands up "here it is" BANG BANG BANG, no more armed robberies by that guy! If only they all went like that. Hopefully they catch this guy soon.
    "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!"

Quote Originally Posted by svinfinity45 View Post
    "all the money is in the safe down here" (bends down), stands up "here it is" BANG BANG BANG, no more armed robberies by that guy! If only they all went like that. Hopefully they catch this guy soon.
    That kind of reaction could get you in trouble. While I see your point about stopping the perp from moving on to bigger and more violent crime he's probably packing a squirt gun and you'd be labeled a murderer. Not if he were to start shooting or hurting people then your reaction would be justified. If he just takes the money and leaves that is what insurance is for. Now if he takes the money, turns, walks to the door, turns around and starts shooting then you should've shot him first. AAAARRRRGGGHHH WHAT TO DO?!?!?!?!?! Sucks being legally armed in a society that fears and hates us. (Sounds familiar)
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    That kind of reaction could get you in trouble. While I see your point about stopping the perp from moving on to bigger and more violent crime he's probably packing a squirt gun and you'd be labeled a murderer. Not if he were to start shooting or hurting people then your reaction would be justified. If he just takes the money and leaves that is what insurance is for. Now if he takes the money, turns, walks to the door, turns around and starts shooting then you should've shot him first. AAAARRRRGGGHHH WHAT TO DO?!?!?!?!?! Sucks being legally armed in a society that fears and hates us. (Sounds familiar)

That seems to me a foolish notion joker1, in that, say the guy had his hand stuck in his coat, and "pointed something" taut
    against the inside of the pocket, and said dis' is a stick-up?

Are you gonna gamble that its a squirt gun, or that he's just there for the cash, and not a game of "shoot the fish in the barrel"?

Most reasonable people, I should think would not.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Huntington Police Detective Chris Sperry said the assailant parked his white pickup truck at the front entrance. He then walked inside, pulled a handgun and demanded cash.

The assailant got an undisclosed amount of cash from the register and ran. He returned to the white pickup truck and drove away, Sperry said.
    If I'm there eating and this happened: first thing is would you even know that it was going on? 2nd is it's not my money so don't seem to concern me. Now if I happened to be the guy running the cash register that day, He would most likely have gotten his A** shot. I don't like guns pointed at me and I'm old and grumpy.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

I'm sorry but with the current trend of murdering the cashier during or after getting the money on the rise, Ill take my chances! Any time someone is pointing a gun at you and asking for money, if you shoot them anywhere but in the back it seems pretty straight forward. The pictures of this crime looks like the guy literally took out a pistol and pointed it at the cashier, it wasn't a "I got a gun in mah pocket" deal.

I agree it does suck being worried about civil and criminal charges when defending yourself legitimately.
    "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!"

You lack the understanding of what is an armed robbery.

An armed robbery is a justifiable lethal force situation. It doesn't matter if the gun is real or a toy. End of story.

Whether you choose to treat it as such is your own business.

If the clerk came up blasting away, he would have been legally justified. The law does not require you to wait until bullets are actually flying in your direction before you respond. The law does not require you to be able to distinguish between a real gun and a toy gun.

The newspaper, the police and everyone involved in that robbery called it an "armed robbery" because that's exactly what it was.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links