GOOD: Store Clerk Kills Would Be Robber

This is a discussion on GOOD: Store Clerk Kills Would Be Robber within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The wannabee robber grabbed the lady clerk's daughter: Wrong answer. Good on the lady. Clerk kills would-be robber who grabbed daughter - Yahoo! News NAPLES, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: GOOD: Store Clerk Kills Would Be Robber

GOOD: Store Clerk Kills Would Be Robber

The wannabee robber grabbed the lady clerk's daughter: Wrong answer. Good on the lady.

Clerk kills would-be robber who grabbed daughter - Yahoo! News

NAPLES, Fla. (AP) — Sheriff's officials in southwest Florida say a clerk at a 24-hour food store shot and killed a man who tried to rob her and take her 1-year-old daughter.

Store owner Del Ackerman told the Naples Daily News (Clerk at Del ) his granddaughter shot the man after he stormed into the store Tuesday afternoon and demanded money and grabbed the stroller that held her baby.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Don't mess with Mama bear.

All in all, a very good outcome!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Very uplifting story.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    NEVER- NEVERNEVEREVER- mess with a baby. Never when the mother is nearby. Especially if you are threatening both of them. And don't want to die.

Quickest way to get dead- mess with the baby.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

More scumbags should meet a similar fate! The world would be better off without them. I get tired of reading in the paper about somebody committing a crime who has a record of violent prior crimes as long as your arm and yet he was out walking around and able to commit another one!
    Knute likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Young Momma working the night shift at the corner 'mom-n-pop 'stop'n'rob' with her two babies and thug-boy comes in to rob the place AND grabs one of the babies just for spite.

Bravo Zulu on Momma for recongizing the need to be armed and for having the presence of mind to take care of business when trouble came for her and hers!

This is an awful experience for her and I pray she recovers from this sad event and can move forward with confidence and peace of mind and heart. Her family is secure.

RevolvingMag said it first........ NEVER mess with the children!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Good outcome

Lets see if we can keep track of this one I hope she dosnt loose her job

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Young Momma working the night shift at the corner 'mom-n-pop 'stop'n'rob' with her two babies and thug-boy comes in to rob the place AND grabs one of the babies just for spite.

Bravo Zulu on Momma for recongizing the need to be armed and for having the presence of mind to take care of business when trouble came for her and hers!

This is an awful experience for her and I pray she recovers from this sad event and can move forward with confidence and peace of mind and heart. Her family is secure.

RevolvingMag said it first........ NEVER mess with the children!
    More info: Man shot, killed by Del's store clerk identified Naples Daily News

It was a family business, and the incident took place at 3:00 in the afternoon...

I'm looking to find another account which seemed to report she intentionally targeted the suspect's leg, presumably in a (successful) attempt to avoid shooting the baby. This other account, IIRC, stated the suspect made it outside where he was tackled by another customer, before later bleeding to death.
    LEOSA Qualified: Semi-auto and revolver.

Found it: Clerk at Del’s 24 Hour shop shoots, kills would-be robber who grabbed child

The theory that she intentionally targeted his knee to avoid the child (depending, of course on the child's position, i.e.: still in stroller or being carried) is discussed in the comments on the link.

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    ".....did just as she had been taught — she drew a gun and aimed for the would-be robber’s knee,...."

I question THAT lil' nugget of wisdom. Not easy to hit a knee, baby-hostage or not. I stick with the center-mass school of thought.

Glad it all worked out just the same.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    ".....did just as she had been taught — she drew a gun and aimed for the would-be robber’s knee,...."

I question THAT lil' nugget of wisdom. Not easy to hit a knee, baby-hostage or not. I stick with the center-mass school of thought.

Glad it all worked out just the same.
    What if he was carrying the child at CoM height?

you go, girl!

A different account:

Store clerk in Fla. shoots, kills would-be robber - National News | Tri-City Herald : Mid-Columbia news

This account seems to indicate he was shot BEFORE picking-up the child, and reports:

"(the mother/clerk) had taken a training course in which she was taught to shoot a person in the legs to disable them..."

Yet, according to this article, he was still able to "[run] outside" where he was tackled...this despite having been shot in the knee with what one of the commenters on the FR article described as ".45 hornady critical defense JHP 210gr."

If in fact she felt threatened enough to fire before he picked-up the child, the most appropriate target area would have been CoM...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links