Bad : 7-11 That I Frequent Robbed at Gunpoint

This is a discussion on Bad : 7-11 That I Frequent Robbed at Gunpoint within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This place is one where I sometimes stop for gasoline. I usually am packing my pistol when pumping gas, and now I see it has ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Hiram25
  • 1 Post By Gforty
  • 1 Post By Hiram25

Thread: Bad : 7-11 That I Frequent Robbed at Gunpoint

This place is one where I sometimes stop for gasoline. I usually am packing my pistol when pumping gas, and now I see it has been the victim of a robbery. I knew there was a reason to be armed when going there. I may have to avoid it in the future. There is video of the robbery on the Herald-Dispatch web page.

Man holds up local convenience store
    October 19, 2011 @ 12:00 AM

CURTIS JOHNSON

The Herald-Dispatch

HUNTINGTON, WV -- Cash and cigarettes. Those were the items demanded by an armed robber who held up a local convenience store late Monday night in Huntington.

The incident occurred just before 11:54 p.m. at 7-Eleven in the 1400 block of 3rd Avenue.

Huntington Police Cpl. Cass McMillian said evidence shows the man entered the store with a black scarf covering his face, made his demands and the clerk complied. They were the only two people the store.

The assailant fled on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash. McMillian said he ran toward the west.

McMillian released surveillance video from the robbery Tuesday. He hopes somebody views the video and it helps police identify the suspect. Anyone with information should contact detectives at 304-696-4420.

Monday night's robbery is the city's second holdup in less than a week. Last Thursday, police were called to Little Caesar's in 100 block of 7th Avenue. McMillian said the two incidents are not connected.

McMillian speculates the recent armed robberies could be a product of the sluggish economy or drug abuse. He said economic downturns traditionally bring an increase in robberies.
    Man holds up local convenience store - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

It's getting very difficult to pick spots that won't be touched by violence anymore, it's better to be prepared for it.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

When you're outside pumping gas, can you even the see the check-out counter?

What always bothers me about a lot of our local "stop & robs"; very big windows which they always cover with ads. It's next to impossible to see if there's anything "going down" inside when you look from the gas pumps/parking areas.

Looks like they need to re-position at least one of their cameras; they have great footage of the BG from the shoulders down...
    JoJoGunn likes this.

They need to put a very large screen outside the establishment facing the parking lot, with a camera that will show what is going on at the counter. Save you walking into a robbery in progress, and possible get them some much needed help. Might even convince the BG's to pick a different victim!
    jackson85746 likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    They need to put a very large screen outside the establishment facing the parking lot, with a camera that will show what is going on at the counter. Save you walking into a robbery in progress, and possible get them some much needed help. Might even convince the BG's to pick a different victim!
    What a novell idea! I like it.

Well said

I would vote for a large screen TV repeat playing video footage of an armed robber getting tapped mid center with a 1911 Colt .45 by the store clerk as a "deterrent". That's just me however.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Just a few months ago, the Valero that I go to very often and that my wife stops by almost daily, got robbed by 3 guys, one of them with a knife. The female clerk actually fought them off with canned beverages. Video footage may be on World's Dumbest some day.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Sponsor
    20 years ago, I was fired from a 7-eleven in El Paso. After the 3rd time being held at gun point during a banger shoplifting event, I hit one of the punks with sawed of broom stick. Thereby violating the company policy of compliance and non aggression.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Sponsored Links