Local Wal Mart Parking Lot Robbery - Video

This is a discussion on Local Wal Mart Parking Lot Robbery - Video within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My reason for posting this, BE AWARE of your surroundings! The BG is out in the open,looking around.Very obvious he is not looking for his ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By mr.stuart
  • 1 Post By ksholder
  • 1 Post By Acecool
  • 2 Post By jumpwing
  • 1 Post By adric22

Thread: Local Wal Mart Parking Lot Robbery - Video

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Local Wal Mart Parking Lot Robbery - Video

My reason for posting this, BE AWARE of your surroundings! The BG is out in the open,looking around.Very obvious he is not looking for his car. I understand the lady whom was robbed is 64, but this guy is certainly no ninja. For me,and I do understand we are all human, the best defense is to look and listen.This can save you a lot of grief.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/ne...ry-2224922.php
    marcclarke likes this.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Wow - descriptions in the article that could possibly be used to find the perps - unusual. I hope they find the POS and put them where they belong.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Sad, lucky she got through this event without being hurt badly! He'll pick the wrong victim and get what he needs!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I found it interesting that although it stated that the susp used a gun, that the victim appeared to chase after him after getting up???
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I found it interesting that although it stated that the susp used a gun, that the victim appeared to chase after him after getting up???
    Yes, I noticed that.Video is so far away,I did not see a gun. Interesting,this Wal Mart is in the 'nice' part of the city.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

As soon as I opened the video and saw that one guy his appearance (posture, walking direction, odd) seemed different from everyone else. He stood out, turns out he was the one that ended up committing the crime. I hope they catch this dirtbag and everyone needs situational awareness.
    mr.stuart likes this.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Old folks will do stuff like that.
    mr.stuart and Dadsnugun like this.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    The way she ran after him, she looked too spry to be an "old folk" My guess is a working mom who worked HARD to provide for her family, just to see some POS (Piece of scum) run off with her gas $$. Perhaps not the smartest move, but gutsy . If/when economic times get really tough here, and crime like this increases, I predict that more and more "ordinary folk" will get angry and becomed armed to protect themselves...........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    The way she ran after him, she looked too spry to be an "old folk" My guess is a working mom who worked HARD to provide for her family, just to see some POS (Piece of scum) run off with her gas $$. Perhaps not the smartest move, but gutsy . If/when economic times get really tough here, and crime like this increases, I predict that more and more "ordinary folk" will get angry and becomed armed to protect themselves...........
    Most likely, since the story said that there was a getaway driver, he was already in the car and she was just trying to get a tag number or description as he sped away.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I watched the video. I think I would have definitely noticed this guy. I try to make eye contact with everyone in the parking lot and observe what they are doing. Most likely that alone would have made the guy avoid me and look for somebody else. However, had I noticed him just standing there like that, not headed anywhere particular, I would have been very suspicious and raised my alert level, maybe even put my hand around the handle of my gun underneath my shirt.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I watched the video. I think I would have definitely noticed this guy. I try to make eye contact with everyone in the parking lot and observe what they are doing. Most likely that alone would have made the guy avoid me and look for somebody else. However, had I noticed him just standing there like that, not headed anywhere particular, I would have been very suspicious and raised my alert level, maybe even put my hand around the handle of my gun underneath my shirt.
    The fact that you aren't a 64 year old woman would have made him avoid you and choose someone else. There were other people in the lot. He chose her for a reason. He thought he could grab a purse and get away with it.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    The fact that you aren't a 64 year old woman would have made him avoid you and choose someone else. There were other people in the lot. He chose her for a reason. He thought he could grab a purse and get away with it.
    While I'm sure her age and gender played part of the choice, I suspect she wasn't paying attention to him. I can't tell for sure in the video, but that is how it usually works. Had she made eye contact with him while he was still 20 ft. away he would have lost his element of surprise and probably moved on to somebody who wasn't paying attention.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Links