AK-47 BB guns Is this possible?

This is a discussion on AK-47 BB guns Is this possible? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Can this be done? Are the copies so real? Canadian cops are frantically trying to take take off the streets BB guns built to look ...

Thread: AK-47 BB guns Is this possible?

Can this be done? Are the copies so real?

Canadian cops are frantically trying to take take off the streets BB guns built to look like AK-47 assault weapons.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police is conducting raids at gun stores across the country to recover a massive shipment of those BB guns from China.

Cop said the weapons can be easily converted into real AK-47s.

Read more: Weird but true - NYPOST.com

Sounds like BS.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I'd love to see an explanation of how a cheap Chinese toy can be made to fire and withstand the forces of a high pressure rifle round.

VIP Member
    I'm sure all you have to do is swap out the barrel, the chamber, firing mechanisms, the stock & every other single component and voila - you have an AK.

It will probably work about as well as many other things made in China!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Maybe airsoft that converts to fire actual BBs?
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I'm sure all you have to do is swap out the barrel, the chamber, firing mechanisms, the stock & every other single component and voila - you have an AK.
    LOL!

I saw a similar story here stateside that involved airsoft m4 rifles. Apparently the lower reciever was made to identical dimensions (but probably not materials) to a genuine m4 and would accept a full auto fire control group. The AK issue sounds more like WHEC724's explanation though. :)

Quote Originally Posted by l1a1 View Post
    I saw a similar story here stateside that involved airsoft m4 rifles. Apparently the lower reciever was made to identical dimensions (but probably not materials) to a genuine m4 and would accept a full auto fire control group. The AK issue sounds more like WHEC724's explanation though. :)
    The external dimensions maybe. All of my airsoft ARs are sized internally to accept a gearbox, piston system, wiring, and an electric motor, or a gas line coming out of the bottom. No room for parts to make a functional weapon.

There used to be paintball guns made that used actual AR components. There was a huge uproar over it years ago because you could "make automatic" guns without serial numbers if you purchased the remaining components with no markings on them.

Totally stupid thing to worry about. Seeing as the number of crimes committed with rifles is less than 1% in most regions of the US. Not too mention that leaving out the non-AR style rifles makes it an even smaller number.

The long and short of it was, the company making the paintball guns decided the morons screaming wasn't worth the headaches and made significant changes to the design of their guns. It cost them a lot of money, and no one was in any more danger before the changes were made.

Can't wait til they catch somebody grinding a point on a butter knife and try to confiscate all butter kniifes before they are converted to killing machines
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Can't wait til they catch somebody grinding a point on a butter knife and try to confiscate all butter kniifes before they are converted to killing machines
    I thought they had to be multi-blade butter knives before they earned the status: "killing machines".
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    to be fair i have confiscated two of these weapons from people who pointed them at our officers. The lowers were close enough to accept magpul stocks, grips, and the uppers could take the rail systems perfectly. I have yet to figure out how to convert the internals to AR-15 internals.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    The lowers were close enough to accept magpul stocks, grips, and the uppers could take the rail systems perfectly.
    Seriously though, that is just cosmetics, the crap they sell for airsoft will also fit a real rifle; but, good luck with reliability.

Sponsored Links