McDonalds update

This is a discussion on McDonalds update within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; McDonald's cashier claims self-defense after brutal attack on female customers with metal bar BY Henrick Karoliszyn and Larry Mcshane DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS Saturday, October ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: McDonalds update

McDonalds update

McDonald's cashier claims self-defense after brutal attack on female customers with metal bar
    BY Henrick Karoliszyn and Larry Mcshane
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Saturday, October 22nd 2011, 4:00 AM

Steven Hirsch/PoolRayon McIntosh, still in his McDonald's uniform at arraignment earlier this week.
    McIntosh was caught on video beating two female customers. Related NewsMom backs son in McDonald's attackPrognosis unclear for woman beaten by McD's cashierMicky D's cashier brawls with two women over $50 A McDonald's cashier who swapped Happy Meals for jail fare after an ugly fast-food fight says he was goaded by a foul-mouthed customer who threatened to cut him up.

Rayon McIntosh, in an exclusive Rikers Island interview with the Daily News, said yesterday that he only smacked the woman and her friend with a metal bar after they jumped the counter and attacked him.

The first patron "started getting really aggressive," said McIntosh, giving his version of the brawl for the first time.

"She came in angry," he said. "I tried to keep things calm as best I could."

The ex-con, who served about a decade on a manslaughter rap, said his Oct. 13 shift at the Greenwich Village eatery was uneventful before his two tormenters arrived.

"I was not looking for trouble," said McIntosh, 31, wearing a crisp gray jail outfit. "The trouble found me. People are portraying me as a vicious attacker.

"I was just working at my job when I was attacked for no reason. I'm not a heartless person."

The confrontation began shortly after Denise Darbeau and Rachel Edwards, both 24, came into the W. Third St. franchise and paid their check with a $50 bill.

One of the women became outraged when McIntosh checked to see if the bill was genuine, as required by store policy.

"She started saying nasty things to me," said McIntosh, speaking in a thick Jamaican accent.

"She said, 'Oh, you think my s--t is fake?' ... She started saying, 'Suck my d--k.' She called my mother a whore."

The woman then spat at McIntosh, threatening to "cut me up," the fast food employee said. "Then she came over the counter and slaps me."

When the second woman jumped the counter to join in, McIntosh said his instinct for self-preservation kicked into high gear.

"I was being attacked by aggressive people I didn't know," said McIntosh. "I was just defending myself. They came in and went crazy on me."

A video camera caught McIntosh grabbing a metal bar used to clean grills and bashing the women. He was jailed on assault and weapons charges. The women were charged with criminal trespassing, menacing and disorderly conduct.

Darbeau's mother said her daughter's skull was fractured and that she suffers from permanent brain damage and memory loss. She remains in the hospital. Edwards suffered a gash to her arm.

McIntosh shot and killed a classmate in 2000, and only landed his McDonald's gig in April. Hundreds of Facebook users have rallied to his defense, saying his actions were justified.

Read more: McDonald's cashier claims self-defense after brutal attack on female customers with metal bar

2. Remove Ads

See, he WAS turning his life around....

I don't think he'll get off though...
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

I said it once and I will say it again: If I were to serve on this man's jury he would ether walk out free, or I would hang the jury till the DA cried and it would still be a hung jury.
    atctimmy, JDE101 and bps3040 like this.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Ex Member
    Darn shame but I think the employee will end up getting crapped on over this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    I said it once and I will say it again: If I were to serve on this man's jury he would ether walk out free, or I would hang the jury till the DA cried and it would still be a hung jury.
    I'd do my best to insure a hung the jury if I were on it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post

Darbeau's mother said her daughter's skull was fractured and that she suffers from permanent brain damage and memory loss.
    This animal had brain damage before she went inside of that McDonalds.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I don't mean to be petty or insensitive about anything pertaining to this crime, however, this going to affect all of us (taxpayers). If McIntosh goes to jail, taxpayers will get the privilege of paying for his incarceration and if Darbeau incurred a permanent disability (TBI), then guess who will draw a disability check + medical card for the rest of her life? Also, guess who gets to foot the bill?

We may not, at the same time, get stuck with getting to take care of Darbeau if she sues McDonald's and wins a multi-million dollar award. So, we might not have to pay her through our taxes but instead, a cheeseburger might cost a little more.

VIP Member
    I'm rooting for Rayon. I'd love to be on his jury. IMO he did his time and deserves to be able to go to work without being attacked.
    Last edited by atctimmy; October 23rd, 2011 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Ninjas
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

agread. hung jurry. let him walk.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

I don't care if your at home,work,in a store you have the right to protect yourself from an attack,over time the powers that be have taken away our right to self defense and stating nobody can take the law into their own hands,and I agree,If they jumped the counter,then they were the agressors and probably needed a good ass whooping,you wanta act like a savage then be prepared to be caged like one.I'd have to find him not guilty by reason of Self Defense
    Spade115 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I've long been fond of a saying the 2 females in this case would have done well to reflect upon prior to this incident: "when one makes a habit of looking for trouble, one will eventually encounter someone ready, willing and able to deliver more of it than the trouble-seeker is able to handle!"
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    LEOSA Qualified: Semi-auto and revolver.

From my experience that's probably not the first time either of those women has been aggressive and violent toward unoffending people and usually they have gotten away with it.
    awoodpd13 likes this.

VIP Member
    Cursed his mother, spit on him and then reached over the counter and slapped him, before jumping the counter and chasing him. Now why in the world would anyone think these 2 sweet girls were the aggressors??
    Thunder71 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    I don't mean to be petty or insensitive about anything pertaining to this crime, however, this going to affect all of us (taxpayers). If McIntosh goes to jail, taxpayers will get the privilege of paying for his incarceration and if Darbeau incurred a permanent disability (TBI), then guess who will draw a disability check + medical card for the rest of her life? Also, guess who gets to foot the bill?

We may not, at the same time, get stuck with getting to take care of Darbeau if she sues McDonald's and wins a multi-million dollar award. So, we might not have to pay her through our taxes but instead, (a cheeseburger might cost a little more.)
    The ONLY Sallution, Would NOT eat at McDs ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

mel
    Yeah,I would like to order a #2, with a side of crow bar to go, could you supersize that to a 10lb hammer?

Guy should walk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links