BAD: Richmond County GA Deputy Shot in Line of Duty

This is a discussion on BAD: Richmond County GA Deputy Shot in Line of Duty within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The good part about this is he took the dirt bag with him. Deputy Sheriff James D. Paugh, Richmond County Sheriff's Office, Georgia...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: BAD: Richmond County GA Deputy Shot in Line of Duty

The good part about this is he took the dirt bag with him.

Deputy Sheriff James D. Paugh, Richmond County Sheriff's Office, Georgia
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Here is a link from Facebook from the Jail Report with a few more details.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Latest news. It was a Ft. Gordon Soldier that killed the Deputy, then killed himself. Shew.. What a shame. This is a terrible situation.

BREAKING NEWS ALERT: Fort Gordon Soldier Shoots, Kills Richmond County Deputy Then Himself | ABC 6 WJBF-TV
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    According to this source, the soldier was shooting at passing vehicles before the deputy arrived:

Fort Gordon Soldier Kills Deputy, Self

I hadn't seen that report. It is the first one that makes that claim. There's nothing else in the news about motorists complaining about being shot at either. I wonder where they got their information. I wonder if the soldier had recently come back from the sand box. Makes you wonder what he's doing out in the middle of Bobby Jones Expressway, drunk, with an M4 at 1:30 in the morning.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    I hadn't seen that report. It is the first one that makes that claim. There's nothing else in the news about motorists complaining about being shot at either. I wonder where they got their information. I wonder if the soldier had recently come back from the sand box. Makes you wonder what he's doing out in the middle of Bobby Jones Expressway, drunk, with an M4 at 1:30 in the morning.
    Apparently having a fight with his girlfriend that turned his drunken stupor into a drunken rage. 'Saw this, this morning. They said he did some time in Iraq, but don't know when. All we do know is that a good LEO lost his life.

Sheriff: Ga. deputy's killer had drinking problem - seattlepi.com

That's just messed up on all accounts... I hate to see things like this happen from the people that you think are the good guys...

Terrible thing, the officer was on his way home after working the GA/SC Fair. He just stopped figuring someone needed help. Thats the way this guy was. My daughter works for the Richmond County Sherriffs Office as a Cummunications Officer. She was on the phone with the deputy when she heard the shots ring out over the phone.
    TC

Quote Originally Posted by tclance View Post
    Terrible thing, the officer was on his way home after working the GA/SC Fair. He just stopped figuring someone needed help. Thats the way this guy was. My daughter works for the Richmond County Sherriffs Office as a Cummunications Officer. She was on the phone with the deputy when she heard the shots ring out over the phone.
    TC
    This is a terrible situation. I'm from South Augusta area myself and have driven the length of Bobby Jones, I can't count the times. Moved to VA in 2008 and it's hard to imagine something like this happening there. I guess things have gone crazy down there since I left.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tclance View Post
    TC
    Thats gotta be tough on your daughter,there are way too many LEO's getting killed,they should make it a mandatory death penalty and carry out the sentence expeditiously within a year of conviction
    WHEC724 and tkruf like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links