Increased shootings in NY due to Occupy Wall Street Protestors

This is a discussion on Increased shootings in NY due to Occupy Wall Street Protestors within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by gunsnroses So if someone writes it....its MY burden to disprove it?? I think the burden of proof is on the "accuser!" YOU ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Increased shootings in NY due to Occupy Wall Street Protestors

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    So if someone writes it....its MY burden to disprove it??

I think the burden of proof is on the "accuser!" YOU PROVE IT!!! I think its trash!!!

I will remain innocent until proven guilty (some have forgot). If this is the only evidence you have to convict someone.....then maybe I'm in the wrong forum!
    Umm...this isn't a court of law.

I'm not convicting you of anything, much less, accusing you of anything.

I think your comment...
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses
    I bet there was a rise in shootings from Tea Party protests too. I bet that didn't get reported either?
    ...needs justification or citations to show it's validity....thus, the fourth point of contact comment.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Umm...this isn't a court of law.

I'm not convicting you of anything, much less, accusing you of anything.

I think your comment...
    ...needs justification or citations to show it's validity....thus, the fourth point of contact comment.
    What about the OP's article? Dosent that need validity, or does that article stand on its own merit? If it stands on its own merit...then it has no merit other then the people who agree with it (i.e. internet trash)

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    In before the LOCK!

BTW;
    There is ZERO evidence that any crime increased during "Tea Party" gatherings.

Unlike the current OWS protests where crimes of RAPE, assault & theft have ALL been reported! (Not mention ALL the arrests at OWS -vs- NO "protestor" arrests at "Tea Party" events!)

-
    Cite please?

I am not aware of the source data for the original article but here we have courtesy of the NYPD the crime stats for their first precinct which includes Zuccotti park where the OWS people are camping.
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...s/cs001pct.pdf
    While some felony categories are down, there is a major increase in some categories. Compared to the same time last year:
    Felony Assault is up
    Burglary is up.
    Grand Larceny from Auto is up.
    Petit larceny is up
    Misdemeanor assault is up
    Misdemeanor sex crimes are up.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

What I do have to support the claim by the Christian Science Monitor article quoted, is that on CNN when the Tea Party had their big rally on the mall in DC, an interview with the U.S. Capitol Police said there was no mess to clean up, the protesters policed up their own trash and they had no incidents with the crowd. They said it was very rare for a protest by any group who uses the mall to leave no mess behind like the Tea Party group.

You'll have to check the CNN archives for the coverage of the event last year if you want verification. I saw it once which was good enough for me.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

one reason for the increase in crime in NY is that a few thousand cops are being diverted from patrol to watch over the flea baggers

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    one reason for the increase in crime in NY is that a few thousand cops are being diverted from patrol to watch over the flea baggers
    .....but NYC cops don't have to be diverted when the Neo Nazi, white supremacies, KKK, skin head, tea bagger, gun toting conservatives come to town....because gash darnet....those gathering's our peaceful and there should be no reason to divert cops from regular patrol!!!

<sarcasm off>

Administrator
    WOW! This is such a great, worthwhile, and totally priceless thread that it deserves to be permanently sealed for all of eternity so that nobody can ever pervert it by posting anything off topic into it.

Thread closed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links