Bad and Ugly...Murder charged in Anderson Township shooting

This is a discussion on Bad and Ugly...Murder charged in Anderson Township shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Murder charged in Anderson Township shooting | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com An Anderson Township man has been arrested and charged with murder in a shooting at ...

Thread: Bad and Ugly...Murder charged in Anderson Township shooting

VIP Member

Bad and Ugly...Murder charged in Anderson Township shooting

Murder charged in Anderson Township shooting | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

An Anderson Township man has been arrested and charged with murder in a shooting at his home in the 1100 block of Immaculate Lane late Tuesday, the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office said. The Sheriff's Office said Bradford Randolph Sutton, 58, killed another man who lived in his house, Brian K. Stewart, 51, at approximately 10:32 p.m. Tuesday. Sutton shot Stewart twice in the chest with a 9mm Glock semi-automatic pistol, the Sheriff Office said. Sutton is being held at the Hamilton County Justice Center. A man called 911 about 11:43 p.m. and said he was evicting another man from his home when that man came at him, so the caller shot him, according to Hamilton County emergency communication reports. “I’d like to report a shooting,” the gunman man calmly told a dispatcher. “We were in an argument. He came at me. I had a gun and I shot him.” He said he used a Glock 26 Model 9 mm pocket pistol. A woman, the caller’s girlfriend, can be heard screaming in the background throughout most of the phone call. At one point, she yelled out: “He is not breathing!” When the dispatcher asked the man what happened, he responded: “We were in an argument . I was giving him an eviction notice because I wanted him to move out of my house. He came into my room and came at me.” The caller said the man he shot was his girlfriend's friend. When authorities arrived, they found the man shot in the chest. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The Enquirer will update this story as information develops.

2. Remove Ads

Probably shouldn't have told anybody that he was in an argument.

VIP Member
    This may well hinge on whether the process used to serve the eviction notice was legally correct. If it was, and the facts bear out that the evicted party charged the homeowner in his room, it may be a justified SD shooting. If the homeowner just gave the guy the boot without following proper procedure, it may not work out so well for him.

There is, obviously, much more to the story than what we are hearing. Joe Deters, the DA, is pretty level headed in these types of situations. This will be interesting to see how it plays out.

This is a good case for keeping your mouth shut in the heat of the moment.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

He needs to let a lawyer do ALL of his talking...he may have already said too much.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Hamilton county actually does seem to be pretty level headed in SD cases as KSholder pointed out.

I heard there was a shooting in Anderson this morning, didn't know the particulars. I'll be keeping an eye on this case for sure.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I think he better have something more than, "..he ..came at me."
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    He's been charged with murder.

It'a a bad idea to let your emotions cloud your judgement,One man is dead,and another one looking at possible life in prison.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links