Mask and guns

Mask and guns

This is a discussion on Mask and guns within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Deputies: Woman Shot During Home Invasion - Greenville News Story - WYFF Greenville Not just women but all need to be CCW all the time. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TN_Mike

Thread: Mask and guns

Mask and guns

Deputies: Woman Shot During Home Invasion - Greenville News Story - WYFF Greenville

Not just women but all need to be CCW all the time. Be prepared when the bad guys left they probably thought she was dead.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    100% of all home invasions happen in the home. Yes, be prepared ALL of the time!

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    100% of all home invasions happen in the home. Yes, be prepared ALL of the time!
    Agreed. We live in a very, very safe area. Many people in our subdivision don't even lock their doors! But I still carry even around the house. If it happens, it will be quick and violent. No time to realise that the gun on the table that just a minute ago was just a few feet away is now all the way over there just out of reach. have it on you. You never know when you'll need it.
    Freedom Doc and JoJoGunn like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

As the economy worsens I believe we will see more home invasions, so yes stay armed all the time.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

It would have been much better if the three armed home invaders had been shot upon entry! If they bring it to you, and intend to do you bodily harm, it's much better to do unto them first.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Here in the Charlotte North Carolina metro area home invasions are a very big problem. In the paper every week ...we are having bank robberies abt every day in this hole. I think the FBI has set up a field office here to work just them. When I was working in LE I swear 3/4 of the city has a felony record. Most folks who got any brains have moved on. I don't even watch the news anymore on tv it's so depressing since its all abt murders, home invasions, car jacking, kidnappings, etc up up till the weather. Nothing good on the news anymore...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Here in the Charlotte North Carolina metro area home invasions are a very big problem. In the paper every week ...we are having bank robberies abt every day in this hole. I think the FBI has set up a field office here to work just them. When I was working in LE I swear 3/4 of the city has a felony record. Most folks who got any brains have moved on. I don't even watch the news anymore on tv it's so depressing since its all abt murders, home invasions, car jacking, kidnappings, etc up up till the weather. Nothing good on the news anymore...
    Getting just about as bad in the Raleigh and Durham area although you have to wait for them to squeeze any news in after the ball gang and school board babble.

Masked men storm Durham home, rob family at gunpoint :: WRAL.com
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    It isn't much better here in the Triad area, either. Lots of burglaries, vehicle thefts, and armed robberies. I periodically check the crime mapping to see how quiet things are around my area and have been noticing what seems to be a lot of day time break-ins in nearby neighborhoods. I suspect that they are waiting till everyone leaves for work and then doing their thing. It isn't just the 'bad' neighborhoods anymore and a lot of the more upscale places are getting hit. Of course, it is no surprise with the reduction in police spending. I have also been wondering if we aren't seeing a temporary uptick with castle doctrine taking effect in 30 days, which will make that line of work much more dangerous, to take advantage of the (current) weird laws?

I thought I lived in a relatively crime free area, but here recently so many armed robberies of places that I frequent, now some bar shooting across the highway from the WV State Police Barracks that I am carrying way more than I used to.

It is really becoming a dangerous world out there due to our criminal element. You can't even feel safe at home anymore and it's sad that people must live like that.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Well it's gotten bad about everywhere now and that's why ccw laws started being relaxed because the police can't be everywhere to protect the citzens. I just feel for decent folks in places such as Chicago , dc and other awful places I don't care to go to that don't have gun rights to protect themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    I have also been wondering if we aren't seeing a temporary uptick with castle doctrine taking effect in 30 days, which will make that line of work much more dangerous, to take advantage of the (current) weird laws?
    I doubt that the useless miscreants who are in this line of "work" follow the law that closely.

Sponsored Links