Bad : Drive By Shooting In My Former Neighborhood

This is a discussion on Bad : Drive By Shooting In My Former Neighborhood within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I used to live about 2 blocks from this place many years ago. Raised my son here, took him down to this very park to ...

Thread: Bad : Drive By Shooting In My Former Neighborhood

Thumbs down Bad : Drive By Shooting In My Former Neighborhood

I used to live about 2 blocks from this place many years ago. Raised my son here, took him down to this very park to play. He still lives in the old house that my ex-wife has. It used to be a good neighborhood but after some time, it has degenerated into a drug infested hole. I'm glad I don't live there, wish my kid didn't but that isn't going to change. I just hope he watches out for stuff like this. Sounds like the shooter was a bad shot (thankfully) or it was a small caliber like a .25 or a .22.

Teen reportedly injured in drive by shooting Thursday
    October 29, 2011 @ 12:00 AM

LACIE PIERSON

The Herald-Dispatch

Huntington, WV

The following information was provided by the Huntington Police Department:

MALICIOUS WOUNDING: A 16-year-old male was hospitalized after he was shot while walking to a friend's house near Highlawn Park Thursday night.

Huntington Police met the teen Thursday while he was at Cabell Huntington Hospital being treated for a gunshot wound at the base of his pinky finger on his left hand.

The police report said the teen was walking in the Highlawn area when a silver 4-door Toyota with West Virginia tags drove up. The suspect brandished a pistol, and yelled at the victim before firing between five and six shots at him.

The victim told police he didn't realized he'd been shot until after he had fled the area, and he walked to a friend's home in Guyandotte (suburb of Huntington) to call his mother, who took him to the hospital.

Teen reportedly injured in drive by shooting Thursday - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

He's lucky to have only received the small injury he got. Sounds gang related to me?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I think that usually when something is first yelled out, there is some personal and/or gang related connection.

Links