BAD - Escaped murder suspect caught after stabbing woman in North Knoxville

This is a discussion on BAD - Escaped murder suspect caught after stabbing woman in North Knoxville within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is why I carry. I was inside the store shopping when this took place in the parking lot. It's easy to go about your ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: BAD - Escaped murder suspect caught after stabbing woman in North Knoxville

BAD - Escaped murder suspect caught after stabbing woman in North Knoxville

This is why I carry. I was inside the store shopping when this took place in the parking lot.
    It's easy to go about your daily routine and think "nothing much happens around here".

Escaped murder suspect caught after stabbing woman in North Knoxville Knoxville News Sentinel
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

2. Remove Ads

We'll all be better off when they put this guy down!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    We'll all be better off when they put this guy down!
    No kidding. I was checking out when I heard somebody had been robbed and stabbed in the parking lot. My car was parked about thirty feet from hers.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I see 3 things,even tho you were armed and not that far away,you had no chance to intervene which goes to show that even LEO's within feet of a crime may not get there in time,and women that purse carry would have been fighting to retain their gun and if they lost their purse this guy would now be armed with their gun,and number 3 there is a reason we disect incidents on this forum and that is to learn and have some knowledge to draw on in case we encounter a situation
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I see 3 things,even tho you were armed and not that far away,you had no chance to intervene which goes to show that even LEO's within feet of a crime may not get there in time,and women that purse carry would have been fighting to retain their gun and if they lost their purse this guy would now be armed with their gun,and number 3 there is a reason we disect incidents on this forum and that is to learn and have some knowledge to draw on in case we encounter a situation
    You're right. Actually, intervention wasn't really a consideration. It was more like five minutes one way or another and there but for the grace of God, go I. It was surprising how quickly this took place. There was nothing going on when I parked and entered the store. I was in the store less than fifteen minutes and as I walked back to my car paramedics were treating the woman. (fire station is less than a 1/2 mile from the store)

surely the report is mistaken: how does an escaped murder suspect with a brand new aggravated robbery/battery charge get bail?
    oakchas likes this.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    -Douglas Adams

This kind of scum deserves only to be put down...immediately!OMOYMV
    garyacman likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

UPDATE:

Shame he didn't die in the crash.

Nationwide manhunt for Rondell Reed ends on an Ohio interstate
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Like someone said in the comment section of the article, this thug needed to be taken out of his car and two shots placed right between his thuggish eyes and left for the scavengers to clean up the mess.

This whole country is going down the tubes at a record pace.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Like someone said in the comment section of the article, this thug needed to be taken out of his car and two shots placed right between his thuggish eyes and left for the scavengers to clean up the mess.

This whole country is going down the tubes at a record pace.
    You're right. My only point was this...I saw a post somewhere else to the effect of "I don't carry all the time. If I'm just running down to the store at 8 AM, I don't carry."

I've felt the same way. I'm just running down to the store. Why bother strapping on the gun? This was a store down the street that I shop at all the time. It was about 5 o'clock on a Friday afternoon. It was pouring rain, not the time that you expect bad guys to be out and about. Yet, there he was and apparently, he had already killed before and was running from the law. It was a sobering moment and a bit of a wakeup call. Bad things don't just happen after midnight in the rough part of town. They can and do happen anywhere at anytime.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

I know that Ingles but I don't shop there. Too bad the lady didn't have a gun in the car with her.

Sometimes when I am just going for a quick trip to the store I'm too lazy to put on the concealed carry holster. These are the times I open carry and I always have a second gun in the car with me.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    I know that Ingles but I don't shop there. Too bad the lady didn't have a gun in the car with her.

Sometimes when I am just going for a quick trip to the store I'm too lazy to put on the concealed carry holster. These are the times I open carry and I always have a second gun in the car with me.
    I'm not sure where she could have had a gun in this situation that would have helped her all that much. If it was in her purse, he would have had the gun and purse also. Possibly when he pulled behind her and blocked her in, she could have grabbed the gun before he got to her door, but that's a pretty big if...

Folks need to be aware of their vulnerability sitting in a vehicle with windows down and/or doors unlocked.

It should be common practice when getting into your vehicle (after making sure no one is hidden in the back seat) to immediately lock all doors.

Instant access to your defensive weapons should also be a priority.

Always having your vehicle locked and the alarm on when your vehicle is unattended should be done religiously.

My $.02.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Folks need to be aware of their vulnerability sitting in a vehicle with windows down and/or doors unlocked.

It should be common practice when getting into your vehicle (after making sure no one is hidden in the back seat) to immediately lock all doors.

Instant access to your defensive weapons should also be a priority.

Always having your vehicle locked and the alarm on when your vehicle is unattended should be done religiously.

My $.02.

OS
    Good advice. In this case the victim wasn't entering her car, she was getting out of it. While she was in the process of exiting, he pulled behind her blocking her path, jumped out of his stolen car and confronted her. He may have sat in the parking lot for some time just waiting on someone like her to arrive. When he found his victim, he moved quickly. With the weather factor, most people (including myself) were more concerned with getting out of the car and getting into the store without getting soaking wet. Visibility was low so it was hard to scour the parking lot looking for a car with someone in it and if you saw one, what then? Someone suspicious? Another shopper just waiting for the rain to let up? A man waiting in the car while his wife gets a few things from the store? Someone waiting for an employee to get off work? Situational awareness is great, but even when you are aware of your situation, how do you interpret the information?

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I'm not sure where she could have had a gun in this situation that would have helped her all that much. If it was in her purse, he would have had the gun and purse also. Possibly when he pulled behind her and blocked her in, she could have grabbed the gun before he got to her door, but that's a pretty big if...
    I understand your point completely. I didn't make myself clear. I think she should have had a gun in her CAR. No woman should ever carry in her purse because if the purse is grabbed so is the gun. I carry on my body but I also have a backup gun I keep in the car at all times. My reason for doing this is that depending on which holster I am using on any given day, I can't draw from a sitting position in the car. But as the road rage idiot who blocked me a few years ago found out, I can draw very effectively from the car holster. He suddenly lost all interest in "beating the hell out of you (me)" when he saw the .45 pointed at his chest.

I think that if this lady had a gun in her car she would have had a chance to protect herself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links