Gang of Youths - Home Invasion in Suburbia - Georgia

This is a discussion on Gang of Youths - Home Invasion in Suburbia - Georgia within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; For some reason this hasn't hit the news here yet, probably due to it happening on a Sunday and our local news being pretty pathetic ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gang of Youths - Home Invasion in Suburbia - Georgia

Gang of Youths - Home Invasion in Suburbia - Georgia

For some reason this hasn't hit the news here yet, probably due to it happening on a Sunday and our local news being pretty pathetic plus everyone is in a daze because hometown country music heroes Lady Antebellum played our dippy amphitheater in the rain Saturday, heh. This happened to some friends of mine in Columbia County, Georgia.

An 11 year old boy dressed in his Sunday best knocked on the door around 2pm and when she answered the door, she was rushed from the sides by 3 others, aged 15, 17 and 18 armed with 2 guns, rope and a knife. She is a crack shot and owns quite a few guns, but like most people, assumed there was no threat from a little kid at the door. Fortunately, she got out a scream and her boyfriend came down the stairs armed and they heard him racking the slide on his AK-47 and they took off into the woods behind the house. He never had the chance to shoot and they never got the chance to hurt her. They immediately called the cops and neighbors. One neighbor was pulling her kids from the yard as they hopped the fence, thereby giving them a direction to go by. All four were caught by the Columbia County Sheriff's office. From what they know at the moment, the 18 year old has been bailed out of jail on 3 prior occasions. He is attempting to get bonded out at the moment.

My buddy put his humorous spin on it...."Yeah, they were armed with guns, rope and a knife. I don't think they were here to play Clue. Thank God.....and a well placed AK."

This was in a standard middle class "nice neighborhood". The world continues to decline and fall apart around us.

EDIT: Finally hit the news, apparently 5 total involved and 2 17 year olds instead of an 18 year old.
    http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/F...132930013.html
    Last edited by Biomortis; October 31st, 2011 at 01:56 PM.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

2. Remove Ads

Should we be suprised?! It's all in the Bible,all we can do is prepare till that faithfull day.

Interesting story. I have to admit I probably wouldn't have bothered to grab a gun before answering the door (assuming I didn't already have it on me at the time) if I had seen an 11 year old boy at the door. But now that I'm aware of such tricks, I guess I'll make sure I'm armed when answering the door even if it looks like a 90 year old granny in a wheelchair.
    garyacman likes this.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Have to be ready at anytime. Just like the Boy Scout Motto, "always be prepared".
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Have to be ready at anytime. Just like the Boy Scout Motto, "always be prepared".
    Indeed never go or open door with out a " Hot Pocket "

Added news link to the original post. Finally hit the news.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

Senior Moderator
    In a just world, the 15 and 17 year old perpetrators would be denied bond and tried as adults.

As is, they'll be given a stern talking to, and released to their parents (the same parents who failed to raise them to be decent human beings). They'll be out committing crimes again by Friday.
    Katana likes this.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

little asshats......
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

They are lucky to not be taking up space in a slide in fridge.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Not to sound like a Monday QB on Monday..lol. I never open my door without a pistol. Looks like I need a carbine now...lol. Lessoned learned I'm sure.

VIP Member
    Our 250# mastiff, Baskerville, answers the door. He would have just slimed the little kid. For the others, he might have added to his tennis shoe collection if they run. Glad everything worked out.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I live out in the country off the main highway...if my door bell rings i am armed...

Quote Originally Posted by Buckj View Post
    I live out in the country off the main highway...if my door bell rings i am armed...
    Me Also. I agree.

There is no good reason to knock on my door after dark.

Wait! You said that the racking of the action on the AK sent the punks running; interesting. I guess the proofs in the pudding. (Curious) Some don't have much faith when it comes to sound effects.... IMO, it's a sense that can be used to your advantage, and I suspect that this case is just one of many such occurrences.

Good outcome for the couple and even better for the punks. Now at least they'll have the chance to reach their next birthdays, and possibly grow outa their desire to follow some idiot that will most likely end up face down on someone's property, bleeding from multiple bullet holes.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Wait! You said that the racking of the action on the AK sent the punks running; interesting. I guess the proofs in the pudding. (Curious) Some don't have much faith when it comes to sound effects.... IMO, it's a sense that can be used to your advantage, and I suspect that this case is just one of many such occurrences.

Good outcome for the couple and even better for the punks. Now at least they'll have the chance to reach their next birthdays, and possibly grow outa their desire to follow some idiot that will most likely end up face down on someone's property, bleeding from multiple bullet holes.

I'm willing to bet this is going to be their outcome eventually. The article said the 11, 14 and 15 year old's already had records. I hope Mama is saving up for funeral expenses, she'll have them soon enough.

Try them as adults, lock them up and throw away the key.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links