GOOD: Armed home invader killed.

This is a discussion on GOOD: Armed home invader killed. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Story here Albany, GA. No charges against the defender....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: GOOD: Armed home invader killed.

GOOD: Armed home invader killed.

Story here Albany, GA.

No charges against the defender.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Sounds like a 15 year old shot the BG in the head 1 shot. Not sure the 15 year old could have been an accomplice too hard to tell from the story. Hmmmm How many of us could do that under pressure? Thanks for sharing.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Sounds like a 15 year old shot the BG in the head 1 shot. Not sure the 15 year old could have been an accomplice too hard to tell from the story. Hmmmm How many of us could do that under pressure? Thanks for sharing.
    Where in the heck did you get that information?

The 19 year old BG broke into a home. The BG had a 15 year old accomplice who was arrested. We don't know if the 15 year old accomplice was even inside the home at the time or just waiting outside in the car or something.

The 15 year old accomplice who was arrested and is being held in juvenile detention was not the person who shot the BG in the head.

The elderly homeowners son is the one who shot the BG in the head. There was no mention of the age of the son who shot and killed the BG. For all we know, the age of the son who shot the BG was in his 40's.

I'm not sure how you came to your conclusions, but I didn't get any of that from the story I read and the two videos provided in the story.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Swift justice is sweet !!
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Where in the heck did you get that information?

The 19 year old BG broke into a home. The BG had a 15 year old accomplice who was arrested. We don't know if the 15 year old accomplice was even inside the home at the time or just waiting outside in the car or something.

The 15 year old accomplice who was arrested and is being held in juvenile detention was not the person who shot the BG in the head.

The elderly homeowners son is the one who shot the BG in the head. There was no mention of the age of the son who shot and killed the BG. For all we know, the age of the son who shot the BG was in his 40's.

I'm not sure how you came to your conclusions, but I didn't get any of that from the story I read and the two videos provided in the story.
    Just like I said they mentioned at the end a 15 year old was being held in the case. My first reaction was 15 was too young to be an accomplice maybe he was the son that shot the BG but then thought NO maybe he was with the BG so I just was not sure. Think that's the way i wrote it. If not My apologies. Still whoever did the shooting it was a pretty nice one shot one stop affair.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Job well done!
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I'm still searching for the part where it says he was really a good boy
    Guest1 and JoJoGunn like this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    I'm sure he was, at least till he got into the terrible two's. from there on it probably was down hill.

Read the comments under the article... Sure enough, it is there.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Read some of the comments on that article and you will see them from people who supposedly knew him. They say he was a sweet young man and was forced into this act by the 15 year old boy taken into custody.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

To quote Queen...

Another one bites the dust
    And another one gone, and another one gone
    Good shooting under stress; one shot to the head give that man a medal!!!

From the comments section...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsi AkaRude...
    BUT ROSEVELT WAS A SWEET YOUNG MAN
    *edit* I guess a number of us saw the same thing...
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Another one bites the dust. The gene pool got a dose of chlorine.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    To quote Queen...

Good shooting under stress; one shot to the head give that man a medal!!!
    +1 great shot.

The news should show a picture of the results of the head shot instead of an already on file police mugshot from previous criminal activity. It would go a lot further towards discouraging criminal behavior when this guy's friends see on the 6 o'clock news what can happen if you try to rob someone.
    2wheelGnnr likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links