Employee dies after Clinton pawn shop shooting

This is a discussion on Employee dies after Clinton pawn shop shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not a lot of details on this one. Apparently the shooter brought ammo with him. Employee dies after Clinton pawn shop shooting Knoxville News ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Employee dies after Clinton pawn shop shooting

Not a lot of details on this one. Apparently the shooter brought ammo with him.

Employee dies after Clinton pawn shop shooting Knoxville News Sentinel
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Angry

And the victim dies at the hospital.

And the shooter is flown by medical helicopter to a trama center for treatment.

And the cost to the tax payers for this piece of crap goes up and up.

And the victims family has lost a loved and no price can be placed on that.

Never evens out right in a situation like this.

OS
    ksholder and garyacman like this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    And the victim dies at the hospital.

And the shooter is flown by medical helicopter to a trama center for treatment.

And the cost to the tax payers for this piece of crap goes up and up.

And the victims family has lost a loved and no price can be placed on that.

Never evens out right in a situation like this.

OS
    I noticed that also. According to another news story, the shooter was a preacher and worked with Habitat for Humanity. Apparently when he tried to load the shotgun, the clerk struggled with him and was shot in the process. Another employee then shot and wounded James Greene. Still no word on a motive, if any. At this point, it's possible that Greene was attempting to commit suicide and the employee was killed trying to prevent it.

It's still a chilling scenario. You work in a store that sells guns and someone you don't know asks to see a gun. Putting trigger locks on all the displays would offend some customers. How do you balance serving the customer with the safety of the other people in the store?
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I noticed that also. According to another news story, the shooter was a preacher and worked with Habitat for Humanity. Apparently when he tried to load the shotgun, the clerk struggled with him and was shot in the process. Another employee then shot and wounded James Greene. Still no word on a motive, if any. At this point, it's possible that Greene was attempting to commit suicide and the employee was killed trying to prevent it.

It's still a chilling scenario. You work in a store that sells guns and someone you don't know asks to see a gun. Putting trigger locks on all the displays would offend some customers. How do you balance serving the customer with the safety of the other people in the store?
    I guess you simply don't turn your back on the customer. If the clerk was armed - don't know if he was or not - and saw the perp trying to load the weapon, he may be able to move and draw to stop the attack.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

You should carry in a store that sells firearms, that way you have a means of defense in a situation like this. That's why in most gun stores the employees are armed.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

It may not have been a self defense situation. If the clerk turned around and saw the shooter had the gun pointed at himself in a suicide attempt, the clerk may have tried to intervene. In a situation like that, the clerk wouldn't pull his own gun to help the guy out. On the other hand, if the clerk turned around to find the shotgun pointed at him, over the counter from a shotgun doesn't give you a lot of time or room to go for your own gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    It may not have been a self defense situation. If the clerk turned around and saw the shooter had the gun pointed at himself in a suicide attempt, the clerk may have tried to intervene. In a situation like that, the clerk wouldn't pull his own gun to help the guy out. On the other hand, if the clerk turned around to find the shotgun pointed at him, over the counter from a shotgun doesn't give you a lot of time or room to go for your own gun.
    True, but if I'm going to be dead in short order, I'm going to try!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    True, but if I'm going to be dead in short order, I'm going to try!
    Can't say that I blame you for that. Here's an updated story that sheds a little more light as to what happened. Original story said that the other clerk used a shotgun to wound the shooter. Apparently that was incorrect. Also pretty much rules out attempted suicide on the part of Mr Greene.

Police report sheds new light on fatal Clinton pawn shop shooting | wbir.com

VIP Member
    Murder 1. Too bad he has to be fed and watered by the tax payers.

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    No reason for this sort of thing, none at all.

VIP Member
    Maybe the employee @ the shop was the third wheel in a love triangle??

Doesn't make sense, a guy walks into a pawn, doesn't announce a stick up, and shoots an employee.

Also kinda makes you sit up and take notice, the deceased made it all the way to the hospital before he died with a shotgun blast, and the perp has, so far lived after being shot with one.

Kind of makes my 9mm's feel a little insignificant.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Maybe the employee @ the shop was the third wheel in a love triangle??

Doesn't make sense, a guy walks into a pawn, doesn't announce a stick up, and shoots an employee.

Also kinda makes you sit up and take notice, the deceased made it all the way to the hospital before he died with a shotgun blast, and the perp has, so far lived after being shot with one.

Kind of makes my 9mm's feel a little insignificant.

Depends on what kind of load was in those shotguns. Buck or bird?

VIP Member
    I thought the perp was shot with a .40 cal.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I have been in that pawn shop before and personally met the man who was killed. He was an extremely nice individual. The last time I was in there I am fairly certain all employees were openly carrying.

Where's the video? I'm sure they have it somewhere.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links