Man jumps off balconey to elude 3 home intruders

This is a discussion on Man jumps off balconey to elude 3 home intruders within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If this victim has a clean record, he appears to be an ideal candidate for a new and improved "home defense system". Man Jumps From ...

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

If this victim has a clean record, he appears to be an ideal candidate for a new and improved "home defense system".

Man Jumps From Balcony To Escape Attackers
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

well, smart move ..... he did what he had to do to get away from his attackers.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    So 3 people just at random breaks down his door and starts beating him with a tire iron? Something just don't add up on this one.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    So 3 people just at random breaks down his door and starts beating him with a tire iron? Something just don't add up on this one.
    It does sound fishy.

So what if it is fishy? The guy still has a right to defend his home. I DO NOT sympathize with criminals - either those who have been caught or those yet to be. But, still, a man has the right to defend his own home from invaders. It's quite possible some not so smart woman has decided to shack up with him and, as things happen, there might an innocent kid or two in the house. Drug dealer or not, he's going to protect his family I would think. This kind of thinking also irks me for another reason - there's a propensity to blame the victim when this kind of stuff happens. Say armed men burst into my home in the middle of the night and start to rob me. I drive them off with a few blasts from a shotgun and call 911. The police show up and start to question ME about what they were looking for?? I have no idea! And then, for some reason, that gives the officers license to search my house? I don't think so. But, it happens. And that's flat out wrong.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post

+1 Something don't smell right.

I'm not jumping from any balcony.

I'm a little more prepared than this guy appeared to be. Break into my house, and there's likely gonna be some outgoing gunfire.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Just seems like shooting back would be a lot easier and less painful. LOL. I do agree with deuce also. Well said sir

Links