Home invaders impersonating police or other officials

This is a discussion on Home invaders impersonating police or other officials within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; In Florida In Texas...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Home invaders impersonating police or other officials

Home invaders impersonating police or other officials

All that said....
    It could be worse.

2. Remove Ads

Check ID at window orpeep hole
    Guest1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    There was another one where they (the BGs) just shot thru the door... Maybe they were asked to show ID?

Found it... they didn't say they were officials, just banged on the door. Homeowner said no... they shot thru the door. Story Here
    Bubbiesdad likes this.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

We have a quiet sub...quite a few cops live here. Unless I see flashing lights, cars parked on the lawn, helicopters circling above, and a bull horn barking out orders...no one is coming in and I'm not going out.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'd advise if possible to dial 9-1-1 and get the local police on their way. Also tell the maybe cops at the door that the real police are on the way. Dont worry about hurting their feelings.

I work with a guy who also is a census worker. He told me how after the census all ID badges are turned in after end of survey. One dirt bag (his words. Guy had questionable background)purposely kept his and refused to turn it in. On the good side LE went to retrieve it. My thought was why did he plan keep it, unless he planned to use it. I trust no one anymore. I question everything. Any contact with persons representing an agency we should actually look at the ID. Vehicle, clothing, demeanor, body language. I'd rather be rude than end up a crime victim.BS filter needs turned on high nowadays...

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    A well placed 12ga round will make the first peep hole(s) if they come banging on my door.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

If you were living in Indiana it would be an even more difficult to decide what to do.
    UPDATE: Indiana Supreme Court: No right to resist unlawful police entry | PDF Evansville Courier & Press

Michael

It's common if not routine out here in the Phoenix area.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    It's common if not routine out here in the Phoenix area.
    Seems like it's one incident like this every other week. The holidays will unfortunately bring more instances. Be safe all.

There has been an "incident" in the Westmoreland area of my hometown of Huntington, WV. Some men came to a home and said they were from the Police Dept.

They apparently were not, but "questioned" a boy at the door about when dad comes home, etc. I have not seen it in the papers, but some people that I know who live close by that area have said so on Facebook. With the Thanksgiving and Christmas season coming upon us, this scenario may be more prevelent.

Situational awareness is the key.

It also reminds me of the "Home Alone" movie. At the beginning, the thugs came dressed as Police Officers to case homes for later break in. The movie made fun of it, but it really does happen.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    check ID at the video cam... remotely
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Administrator
    Already half of the posts have been deleted as off topic; keep it on topic or another otherwise valuable thread will be closed and points awarded to offending parties.
    "Just blame Sixto"

this has been happening for years. A few years ago they were warning women leaving bars or work after 11 to be careful because someone had a decked out cruiser and was "assaulting" them.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Having seen the police show up to do a search or a tough guy arrest (nock and we are coming in) a number of times, they normally show up with multiple cars, so if you can get a look at the street it would help. I am not inclined to look through a peep hole.

I don’t know if a call to the local police to see if they are actually at my home would do any good but it is worth a trying.

As always I answer the door with my sidearm in hand, or hand on it in holster. Unless you are involved in some sort of illegal activity it isn’t likely there at your place, making it a good idea to check it out.

A bit off topic but while down in Florida we were doing hurricane cleanup work and staying in a motel we had someone sleeping in the truck to keep it and the other erumpent from disappearing, one of the motel employees saw a couple of the crew sitting in a vehicle so they called the sheriff’s office. I wake a hard pounding at the door and answer it with my gun in hand behind me. So here I am standing there with two deputies at the door and a gun in my hand. All they wanted to know was if the fellows that they had belonged to us, they never knew I was armed. It sure got my alertness up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links