Warning shot... worked this time

This is a discussion on Warning shot... worked this time within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Akron woman shoots over head of would be carjacker... Story here I'd have shot him....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Warning shot... worked this time

Warning shot... worked this time

Akron woman shoots over head of would be carjacker...

Story here

I'd have shot him.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

I would've tried to shoot him too, but when you are in such a scary situation, it's hard to tell how you will react. At least she was willing and able to pull the trigger. In the end, the lady is well and the bg is in custody. All's good.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

VIP Member
    Let's hope that shot in the air didn't land somewhere bad. Though she probably should have shot him,
    the outcome (assuming her bullet came to a safe stop somewhere) is far better for her this way. Much less muss, fuss, investigation, finger pointing, second guessing, legal expense.
    NYCrulesU, Tzadik and JDE101 like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

The dirtbag sex-offending car-jacker should have been shot on the spot.
    Now he'll just get taxpayer room and board until he gets out to do the same again.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Let's hope that shot in the air didn't land somewhere bad. Though she probably should have shot him,
    the outcome (assuming her bullet came to a safe stop somewhere) is far better for her this way. Much less muss, fuss, investigation, finger pointing, second guessing, legal expense.
    All true, but it would have been nice to cull this one from the bunch!
    Tzadik likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Hey, maybe she just missed? I don't like warning shots either... at least ones that don't make contact...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

With his criminal history there is no telling what might have happened to the intended victim if he had gotten into the car.

Good for her that she fought back and won.

OS
    mook012 likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    My elderly aunt lived alone in Memphis. Late one night she heard some noise in her backyard/backporch area. She could see a lone male figure headed toward her backdoor. She knocked on the window to let him know the house was occupied, and that he was being watched. She was guessing/hoping he had the wrong house. The guy started trying to break in her back door. She had her late husbands S&W .38 and from about 15 feet away fired two shots at the door, she fired high into the door header. Knowing her, I presume she had her eyes closed. She said, after the shots the guy lit out, crawled over her back fence and disappeared.

She called the police, they came out took a report, made sure she was alright, and reloaded her gun for her. The guy was never caught, nor did he ever show back up at her house.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Police found him several blocks away and he said he was just trying to take her car so he could drive home to California.
    I love the use of the word "just" here. As if to say, "hey, I was being reasonable." Sheesh.
    Dadsnugun likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    In a better world the authorities would have a special fund to replace any citizen's ammo fired at the perps. "Officer, I used up a 40 round mag of Cor Bon DPX in that there 7.62X39. Y'all be Careful, it's kinda warm to the touch. Weren't none of 'em warning shots if'n I missed."
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

After reading many of the replies to the threads that involve people trying to do bad deeds to others, it makes me feel better knowing that a lot of other posters are just as unforgiving of the evil doers as I am. What we need is very harsh punishment and to stop worrying about the bad guys rights, after all they don't care about your rights. Get rid of them and maybe the want to be bad guys will change their minds. Sorry for the rant, I just fell off my soap box.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

I've got my flame suit on.....

I am a FIRM believer in firing at least 2 warning shots if the need should arise. Just as long as they are fired into the air...of the dirtbags lungs, that is.
    AZ Hawk likes this.

VIP Member
    I wonder where the bullet ended up? IMO if he's good enough to give a bullet to, give it to him center mass!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Good for her it ended well enough. She had her sidearm and used it....... not to the end 'we'd' like to have seen but she saved her life just the same.

Now, I do NOT believe in warning shots. You own all the bullets loaded in your gun. You still own 'em AFTER firing 'em. Where they land may NOT be good. Glad she dosn't have to find out about that aspect of bullet ownership.
    oakchas and CountryGal like this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    With all the things that are stupid in that story, here's one thought that perfectly illustrates why criminals are criminal in the first place:

A bus ticket to California would have cost far less than the gas to keep the car running that long.

Most BG's are criminal in nature because nature didn't make them very smart to begin with.
    CountryGal likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links