Man With A Gun on ASU Campus ... That's not all he had!

This is a discussion on Man With A Gun on ASU Campus ... That's not all he had! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man with a gun on ASU Campus in Augusta, Georgia. That's not all he had. This was on the Jail Report on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf GUN ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By dukalmighty
  • 2 Post By PB2

Thread: Man With A Gun on ASU Campus ... That's not all he had!

Man With A Gun on ASU Campus ... That's not all he had!

Man with a gun on ASU Campus in Augusta, Georgia. That's not all he had. This was on the Jail Report on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf

GUN ON ASU CAMPUS: The Jail Report has learned that a Blythe man was arrested Wednesday while carrying a .380-caliber Titan handgun on the campus of Augusta State University.
    Julius Morris, 27, was seen rolling a marijuana joint while parked in his vehicle in Lot 14 near Arsenal Avenue around 9 a.m. Wednesday, according to ASU Public Safety. The student who witnessed it reported the matter to campus police, who approached the suspect and found him with marijuana as well as the handgun laying next to his right leg on the floorboard.
    Morris, who is not a student, was arrested and charged with marijuana possession and possession a weapon on school grounds, a felony. He remains in the Richmond County Jail today under no bond.
    An ASU police official told us that there was no evidence the suspect intended to use the weapon on campus. But he was not sure Morris' reason for coming on campus, he said.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

Coulda been getting ready for mayhem by calming his nerves with a little tokey smokey
    tkruf and Guest1 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

PB2
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Coulda been getting ready for mayhem by calming his nerves with a little tokey smokey
    How much mayhem could he cause with a .380? Would that really be his weapon of choice?
    357and40 and RevolvingMag like this.

Julius Morris, 27, was seen rolling a marijuana joint while parked in his vehicle in Lot 14 near Arsenal Avenue around 9 a.m. Wednesday
    He was on Arsenal Ave with his fiream and firing up a joint. Perhaps the .380 was to keep people from stealing his smoke?

It was a .380 Titan. I have a .25 Titan and they are cheapo firearms.

If he was on a school property then his arrest may be justified, if not for the firearm, the marijuana possession charge is there as well. Plus he is not a student.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I doubt it.

Approximately 33% of college students smoke marijuana, though I personally believe it's much closer to 50%, and I've yet to meet a violent "pothead" in my five years of college. Most of them are so mellowed out by the drug that someone could be beating them or their friend to death, and they'd just think the whole thing was hilarious.

Just sayin.'
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    I doubt it.

Approximately 33% of college students smoke marijuana, though I personally believe it's much closer to 50%, and I've yet to meet a violent "pothead" in my five years of college. Most of them are so mellowed out by the drug that someone could be beating them or their friend to death, and they'd just think the whole thing was hilarious.

Just sayin.'
    I can agree with most of that. But, a couple of my oldest friends smoke. A LOT. (I tend to not associate with them in person much anymore- other than the occasional stop by to see an old friend kind of thing) But, one of them is rather violent. I know it's not the pot, but, I know he's a 'violence-oriented individual'. Yet another of the reasons I don't really spend time around him- he's too likely to get in trouble.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

A .380 and a left handed cigarette. What a douche.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

buzz/bang...dumb...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links