BAD: Knoxville police arrest 14-year-old armed driver

This is a discussion on BAD: Knoxville police arrest 14-year-old armed driver within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Knoxville police arrest 14-year-old armed driver Knoxville News Sentinel Note that the gun was stolen. So much for that stronger gun laws argument....

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By Gene83
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn

Thread: BAD: Knoxville police arrest 14-year-old armed driver

BAD: Knoxville police arrest 14-year-old armed driver

Knoxville police arrest 14-year-old armed driver Knoxville News Sentinel

Note that the gun was stolen. So much for that stronger gun laws argument.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

2. Remove Ads

He'll be out when he turns 18 then we'll have to deal with the piece of trash again.

Put a father in the home. This Crap will stop....Dam it.
    Mattmann likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    He'll be out when he turns 18 then we'll have to deal with the piece of trash again.
    He'll probably be out before that, then back in and out again. Eventually, he'll end up dead on the streets or in prison for life but no telling how many crimes he will commit before that happens. Naturally, since he's a minor names and photographs aren't released so you just have to watch every fourteen year old.

Really, you have to watch everybody anymore. The whole country is going nuts.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Knoxville police arrest 14-year-old armed driver Knoxville News Sentinel

Note that the gun was stolen. So much for that stronger gun laws argument.
    Actually many folks on the anti-gun side believe that with proper gun control there would be no guns left to steal. Their logic does have some merit.

Michael

The parents need to be charged with neglect due to letting him get out by himself and letting him have easy access to a firearm. People like that.....shouldn't own guns

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Actually many folks on the anti-gun side believe that with proper gun control there would be no guns left to steal. Their logic does have some merit.

Michael
    That logic starts falling apart unless you disarm the police while you are at it....

Gun, Ammo Stolen From Miami-Dade Police Cars By Brazen Burglars | NBC Miami

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Depravity knows no age limit. That kid with a gun can kill you the same as a full grown man with a gun. Its really sad to see what some kids are doing these days.

Gotta love good 'ole Tn. This is why I carry, amongst other reasons.

The little dirtbag should be put out of his misery, but at his age he will only suffer being placed in a 'time out corner' for 10 minutes.

We'll be dealing with him in the future!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    Gotta love good 'ole Tn. This is why I carry, amongst other reasons.
    You and me both. Between the stabbing in the Ingle's parking lot, the shooting at Walmart, the weekly holdups at CVS's and Walgreen's, and the fourteen year old kids driving around with loaded handguns; I'd hate to see what it would be like living in a high crime area.

Yes, this is a long list of criminal activity going places to happen, until he dies of old age, or someone removes him from society via a muzzle blast and gunshot wound(s) to the body.

Once they start down this path, it is only a matter of time. What really irks me is that how many victims will this kid create that could be prevented by his incarceration for a good number of years? 14 or not, he still knows that what he is doing is wrong and unless corrective measures are taken there will be a good chance the outcome will not be good.

However I'm almost certain his "parents" (using term in the extreme manner) will say "he's just a good boy who is trying to turn his life around, but nobody wants to give him a break."
    Inspector71 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I would suggest that as part of his punishment they make him into a capon, at least then more of the same can't be reproduced. Way to many young rats running the streets now!!
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Yes, this is a long list of criminal activity going places to happen, until he dies of old age, or someone removes him from society via a muzzle blast and gunshot wound(s) to the body.

Once they start down this path, it is only a matter of time. What really irks me is that how many victims will this kid create that could be prevented by his incarceration for a good number of years? 14 or not, he still knows that what he is doing is wrong and unless corrective measures are taken there will be a good chance the outcome will not be good.

However I'm almost certain his "parents" (using term in the extreme manner) will say "he's just a good boy who is trying to turn his life around, but nobody wants to give him a break."
    If I was just guessing, and this is strictly a guess, I would bet that one or both parents are in jail or have addiction problems of their own and he's probably being raised by a grandmother who can't control him. That seems to be a recurring pattern.

Links