Guy Shot at my usual Gun Range tonight

This is a discussion on Guy Shot at my usual Gun Range tonight within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I passed my local gun range tonight at 5:45pm leaving downtown Orlando and almost stopped to shoot a few rounds as there were only a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Guy Shot at my usual Gun Range tonight

Guy Shot at my usual Gun Range tonight

I passed my local gun range tonight at 5:45pm leaving downtown Orlando and almost stopped to shoot a few rounds as there were only a couple of cars in the lot. Decided to hit the gym tonight instead.....thank God. I hate public ranges....just hate 'em.

1 Shot In Head At Gun Range

Report: Firefighters Describe Injuries As 'Traumatic'
    POSTED: 7:18 pm EST November 18, 2011
    UPDATED: 9:25 pm EST November 18, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A person was shot in the head at an Orange County gun range Friday night.

Police were called to the Oak Ridge Gun Range in the 6000 block of Orange Avenue at about 6 p.m.

Firefighters said the victim's injuries were "traumatic," according to OrlandoSentinel.com. No further details were immediately available.

Orange County sheriff's deputies said they are investigating whether a man shot himself accidentally or intentionally.

Deputies said the man was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center, where he is being treated.

Read more: 1 Shot In Head At Gun Range - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

Update to original post:
    unfortunately, the gentleman did not survive his wounds and died tonight at Orlando Regional Medical Center. Whether intentional or accidental, this is the fifth or sixth fatality we have had in the Orlando area gun ranges in the last couple of years. Be alert whenever you go to public ranges for someone that may be acting suspiciously or displaying dangerous gun handlig practices.....'bout all you can do.
    Last edited by zonker1986; November 18th, 2011 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Update to Original Post
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

2. Remove Ads

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Head shot at a range? Maybe suicide?
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    Head shot at a range? Maybe suicide?
    That would be my guess also.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Seems to be a sick trend lately, because there's been a number of reports where even couples would have some type of suicide pact, go to a gun range, rent a couple of pistols and ammo, then go into the shooting area and blow themselves away - duh???

Oh well, I suppose weird people culling themselves out isn't such a bad idea after all

Ahh come on... He was just checking to see if the barrel was clean...
    CountryGal likes this.

After seeing the video where the guy had a misfire in his shotgun and decided to look down the barrel during which the gun fired blowing his hat off,It could have been something similar where having a misfire the shooter looked down the barrel just as a slow primer set off the powder charge
    Skygod likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

"stuff" can happen any place any time...Zonker...glad you were not right in the big middle of it...

Expect more of the same in the Hoilday season.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Without more detail it's hard to say. The obvious is self inflicted or self dorko.

I really don't like the public ranges. Lot's of untrained and unsafe shooters seem to point that barrel just about everywhere but down range.
    CountryGal and perfection like this.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

NEVER, NEVER point a gun at someone, especially yourself !!
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    After seeing the video where the guy had a misfire in his shotgun and decided to look down the barrel during which the gun fired blowing his hat off,It could have been something similar where having a misfire the shooter looked down the barrel just as a slow primer set off the powder charge
    Youtube? I've seen this [type of stunt] pulled by a [less safety aware individual] in person at the range, wondering why his highpoint pistol didn't work, and his finger was inside the trigger guard!

Suicide accident or at the hands of another, this guy most likely had friends and family, and I just hope some thoughts and prayers are with them; suicides esp always seem to be so very hard on those that are left behind.

Glock Certified Armorer

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    That video is a fake.
    bbqgrill likes this.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Oakridge used to be my range too and I'm glad that is past tense.

After seeing a few of these cases where someone decides it's time to check out there is NO time to intervene. Bout all you can do is say a quick prayer and hope you don't get any on ya.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot1 View Post
    NEVER, NEVER point a gun at someone, especially yourself !!
    If you are forced to point a gun at someone, make sure it's someone else.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well, I hope it was suicide or at least a dumb person accidentally shooting themselves. Otherwise, if it turned out to be murder from another person at the range, it would destroy my motto. That being, when antis talk to me about how we need to reduce guns because guns=crime and how more gun-free zones would be safer, I always reply with something along this line: "So tell me, why don't we ever see a news headline that says GUNMAN ENTERS SHOOTING RANGE AND KILLS 30 PEOPLE?" My point being that even though lots of guns are around, nobody ever tries to commit crimes there.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links