GOOD: clerk shoots armed robber

This is a discussion on GOOD: clerk shoots armed robber within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Even Better: The store owner backs him up, but says he shoulda killed the BG... And he tells the press that the police spokesperson shouldn't ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty
  • 1 Post By BaconHunter

Thread: GOOD: clerk shoots armed robber

GOOD: clerk shoots armed robber

Even Better: The store owner backs him up, but says he shoulda killed the BG... And he tells the press that the police spokesperson shouldn't be telling people to comply, but to shoot these bad guys!

Story Here
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

2. Remove Ads

He doesn't want to press charges and is worried how the BG is doing. Next time the dirtbag will just blow him away.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

For once the news story doesn't tell us about what a good kid the dirtbag was, and how he was turning his life around. This has to be one of the most straightforward, unbiased reports of this kind of event I've seen in years.
    bps3040 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

No mercy for these predatory dirtbags...OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    In an article in friday's StarNews a Wilmington Police spokeswoman suggested clerks should just give up money and not risk the violence.
    The thug brought the violence in the store when he brought a gun in the store with intentions to rob it. Its really wonderful how things get turned around. Someone brings a gun into a store to rob you and when you shoot him, you're the one that "caused" the violence. Classic.

There was a story on the news the other day about some law that might be passed that would allow you to travel with a gun if you have a CC license. Given that a great number of states offer reciprocity, this legislation mostly would affect the most liberal states like NYS, California, etc. Some politician made a statement that this legislation would just allow "these criminals" to walk around the streets, etc. It must not have ever occurred to the woman that the licensed carriers aren't the criminals. The licensed carriers have clear backgrounds and no criminal history and this is more than you know from the non-licensed carrier that hasn't had a background check, etc.

Perspective of the antis is amazing.

The store clerk did the noble thing of "stopping the threat". That is all we need to do when confronting the criminal element. If they get killed in the process then so be it, but that should not be the sole purpose of self defense. Stop the threat no matter what the outcome may be.

Yes, killing the robber will no doubt eliminate him from committing crime again, and now he will be carrying a severe gunshot wound around the rest of his life. Will it transform him into a law-abiding citizen? Doubtful. His next criminal experience might include a bit of embalming fluid and placed in a metal box that will be lowered into the earth.

It may have a deterring effect on future crime though. Some but not all robbers will consider the clerk to be in possession of a handgun and willing to use it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

All that said....
    It could be worse.

That clerk needs a bigger gun. 2 shots and the BG is still just having a casual conversation with him.
    Roland of Gilead likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconHunter View Post
    That clerk needs a bigger gun. 2 shots and the BG is still just having a casual conversation with him.
    No kidding.

Freedom ... must be fought for, protected, and handed on ... or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -- Ronald Reagan, 1967

... or maybe he needs to carry good quality defensive ammo instead of practice ammo.

How about a card, candy and flowers? That clerk better wise up or his next encounter may be his last. He already has pity and will assueradly second guess the next time.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

What I don't understand is why did the robber ( felon ) have a pistol ? Isn't there a law preventing that ? What did you say ? He didn't care about the laws. OK now I understand.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

I would be interested in knowing what handgun and ammo the clerk was using, also where the hits were placed.

All his talk about the knock down power of this or that etc. the BG took 2 hits as seen, and he could have still been able to be a threat to the clerk.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm slightly confused. It appears the clerk pulls out his gun pretty quickly but doesn't shoot the BG and the BG doesn't appear to shoot the clerk either. So what is going on for that period of time where they both have guns drawn? Seems like the BG would have taken off as soon as he saw the clerk with the gun, and you would think the clerk would have started shooting right away. Anyway, beats me.. just glad the BG was the one shot and not the innocent clerk.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Links