BAD: Pizza man fired his gun, got fired

This is a discussion on BAD: Pizza man fired his gun, got fired within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; But he's alive to tell the story... must not have had CCW? gun in trunk, mag ("clip") out of gun... still prevailed... here's the story...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: BAD: Pizza man fired his gun, got fired

But he's alive to tell the story... must not have had CCW? gun in trunk, mag ("clip") out of gun... still prevailed...

here's the story
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Maybe Domino's no weapons policy makes the pizza man look like an easy target??
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

I would rather be alive in the unemployment line than have my pizza shop boss deliver my eulogy. Just my opinion.
    Chad Rogers and thephanatik like this.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    If I ever decided to work for a company that had a no guns policy and decided to have one while at work, I would assume the consequences if I had to use it while at work.

I'm glad he was able to defend himself, now (I feel)he must assume responsibility for his actions.
    According to the facts presented, I can't say that I would have done anything different. Just be glad that I was alive to look for another job.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

I understand why a company like that would want to have a no weapons policy. Just think if word got out that pizza men were carrying guns. How many sales would the company lose because customers would be afraid of an armed pizza man coming to their home? However, it is one thing to have such a rule and an entirely different thing to enforce it. Looks like this company does both.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I understand why a company like that would want to have a no weapons policy. Just think if word got out that pizza men were carrying guns. How many sales would the company lose because customers would be afraid of an armed pizza man coming to their home? However, it is one thing to have such a rule and an entirely different thing to enforce it. Looks like this company does both.
    "Just think if word got out?"

Heck what's in the box is more likely deadly (albeit over a longer period of time) than a defensive weapon. Maybe if "word got out" the tips would be bigger, and you could actually make earnings above the poverty level delivering pizza.

I'm sure the gangbangers and crackhead pizza delivery guy robbers all read the company manuals of each pizza company to find out where the likely victims are... Just like they read gunbuster signs going into waffle hose or Denny's...

C'mon... you gonna rob pizza man? you gonna get mebbe 50 bux. These thugs ain't the sharpest tools in the shed folks... they don't think... they probably don't read... and they sure as heck don't research their targets.
    shockwave and thephanatik like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Also, this proves that if a person wants to carry a firearm, they are going to do it. The ones doing it legally aren't the ones to be worried about. Imagine if word got out about that...

...............Well, the public would still knee jerk, and the media would run around with arms flailing, screaming about how the world is going to end because people are delivering pizzas to your door WITH GUNS.

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    WRONG! The reason is that a dead employee is cheaper than civil lawsuit by the wounded criminal or wrongful death suit by the family.
    Knightrider likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Seems like he needs a little more time at the range, but good on him. He understands why they fired him but doesn't regret it.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Seems like he needs a little more time at the range, but good on him. He understands why they fired him but doesn't regret it.
    Yep, and probably expected it.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Pizza delivery people are such easy targets for robbery, it isn't even considered news much these days due to the frequency with which it happens.

The companies such a Domino's do not really care if an employee is safe or not, they just don't want the consequences of having an armed delivery person shooting some robber, they would rather send the delivery folk out to get robbed, assaulted and yes, even killed over a few dollars. This would be one of the jobs I would refuse to do even if I were starving to death and unemployed.

However if more robbers get shot instead of completing their robbery word may get out and the frequency of robberies may go down some, but until it is acceptable, the honest delivery guy will get punished for his actions in defending himself and company property.

By the way, I don't care much for Domino's pizza anyway, there is better out there and won't be having one delivered anytime soon.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Better to be alive and no job, than dead and a job... err... no job?
    gottabkiddin and thephanatik like this.
    I work for a company that offers firearms training in Florida, Colorado, Iowa, Wisconsin and soon to be Minnesota. Please visit our website below or check us out on http://facebook.com/equip2conceal

www.equip2conceal.com

WRONG! The reason is that a dead employee is cheaper than civil lawsuit by the wounded criminal or wrongful death suit by the family.
    That right there is the honest truth. A dead Pizza delivery man can easily be replaced.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

All I can say is no more Dominos Pizza for me !!
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Wrong to say I know, but the grunts are expendable. I bet the big shot executives have security of some sort... I say good for him, and here's to good luck on the possibly the rest of his life; who knows, the guy might have killed him and he changed that by his own actions.

I say shame on Domino's for the decision to terminate. Some form of discipline maybe, but in this economy and at this time of year. It'll be awhile before I order from them again.

Pizza Hut has better wings anyway.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links