good but odd-Good Samaritan Shoots, Kills Walgreens Robber

This is a discussion on good but odd-Good Samaritan Shoots, Kills Walgreens Robber within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; this is a little old and might be a repost but the reason why I posted it was because of the attude of the father ...

Thread: good but odd-Good Samaritan Shoots, Kills Walgreens Robber

good but odd-Good Samaritan Shoots, Kills Walgreens Robber

this is a little old and might be a repost but the reason why I posted it was because of the attude of the father and his comments.
    "he didn't have to shoot my son so many times with a big gun"; his son had a sawed off shotgun!

Good Samaritan Shoots, Kills Walgreens Robber.flv - YouTube

2. Remove Ads

+1 for the good guy, worthless scum bag =0.

Sad but you just never know why your church-going kid would do something like this.

The parents of the shotgun wielding robber really don't have a clue and really didn't truly know him.

The dad thinks the man defending should not have used such a large caliber weapon shooting multiple times. What did he think his son had? A BB gun? Wonder what ol dad would say if his son discharged the sawed off and killed someone? Guess that would be ok.

Stupid.

An edit:

To add to my post, my wife just left to go to our local Walgreens for some Theraflu stuff. I told her about this incident, but she is packing the Ruger LCR with .357 loads.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

All the Wallgreens here, are POSTED with gunbuster signs. So, I don't go to them.

"good church going boy" , apparently none of it took.

" shoot him so many times with that big of a caliber gun". ..... well, what caliber would he like ? Best he hadn't been pointing a shotgun at people threatening them. How many times should a man with a shotgun be shot.... for my .02 cents ... until he's no longer a threat (no matter what the caliber is).

Sad it happens, but heard nothing that suggested it wasn't justified.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Just once, I'd like to hear these perp's families place the blame for their loved one's death squarely where it belongs...on the actions taken by their loved one.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

The shooter did good. Sadly, he could not stay away from the TV camera.

The kid would still be alive if we would just have banned ice cream!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Sad story, but ended as it should!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Should have called 911 and been a good witness...

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    Just once, I'd like to hear these perp's families place the blame for their loved one's death squarely where it belongs...on the actions taken by their loved one.
    Agreed. Sad for the parents but hey your kid's wielding a sawed of shotgun...

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    The kid is carrying a sawed off shotgun for goodness sakes. There almost isn't a deadlier CQB weapon, and possessing it is a crime all by itself. I think the shooter did the right thing. No telling now many innocent people might have been killed or severly injured if that kid pulls the trigger even by accident or out of sheer adreneline stimulation causing loss of fine motor control.

The shooter did what he had to. Good on him. It's obvious it's bothering him, which is perfectly normal. I hope the after effects don't mess up his life too much.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    And if the perp didn't want to leave any witnesses???
    Last edited by NavyAirdale; December 27th, 2011 at 02:27 PM. Reason: My format error

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    You weren't there and neither was I. To just say something like that is ridiculous. If you honestly think that the only course of action is to call 911 and be a good witness then why do you carry at all? You don't know what the demeanor of this scum bag was. Maybe he was yelling about leaving no witnesses. Perhaps he was pointing the shotgun at people. I say the good gun did the right thing. The scumbags died, all good guys lives with no injuries. Hardly could be a better outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyAirdale View Post
    And if the perp didn't want to leave any witnesses???
    Exactly.

The good guy did very, very well.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Links