Bad: They're wearing body armor. Good: it doesn't always work

This is a discussion on Bad: They're wearing body armor. Good: it doesn't always work within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; “The gentleman that did get shot and was killed was wearing body armor,” Martin said. “That is a trend we are starting to see. The ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Bad: They're wearing body armor. Good: it doesn't always work

Bad: They're wearing body armor. Good: it doesn't always work

“The gentleman that did get shot and was killed was wearing body armor,” Martin said. “That is a trend we are starting to see. The bad guys go in to do a robbery or home invasion and they have their body armor on.

"The Gentleman???"

Great, now these thugs are wearing body armor... practice your headshots I guess, or use a shotty with slugs.

Here's The Story
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Yes a gentleman. He was a good boy, he was working towards becoming a better man, he just wasn't all the way changed yet. He shouldn't have been murdered, the homeowner should have just let him go or fired a warning shot, or helped him carry out his flat screen tv....
    tommy62 likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    In the country, I'm with 12 ga slugs all the way, from behind the bed in the strong room. I use wheel weights and Lyman's 525 gr hollow base mold that fits into a WW red wad to protect the rifled bbl. They stay inside the 3 moa red dot on the canteleverd 20" 870 bbl. The VC ammo belt holds 60.

Outside, the AR10 gets the nod. 180 gr 308 will turn most BG body armor into cheesecloth. If I sound a bit rammy, I've been mugged at gunpoint, and I have very little patience for these scumbags.
    Attached Images
    NavyAirdale and DUNDEM like this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    “The gentleman that did get shot and was killed was wearing body armor,” Martin said. “That is a trend we are starting to see. The bad guys go in to do a robbery or home invasion and they have their body armor on.

"The Gentleman???"
    Great, now these thugs are wearing body armor... practice your headshots I guess, or use a shotty with slugs.

Here's The Story
    Not a new thing. It cuaght the attention of some Lawmakers a few years back. They then tried to pass a law prohibiting anyone except certain government accepted agencies from wearing them.
    To me this was funny in a sick sort of way. The idea that the same people who wanted to disarm us were now telling us we cannot even use passive means to protect ourselves.

I believe they later passed a law the prohibits the use of body armor during the commission of a crime.

Michael

That's why my 870 Magnum is loaded with magnum Sabot slugs. Gotta be prepared for home invasion by bg or illegal search warrant.
    NYCrulesU likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

While many disagree, that's another reason I alternate HP and FMJ ammo in the magazine. Don't care which is coming up next, but one after another gives alternating "splat" & "penetrate" when a head or crotch shot isn't available or practical by distance or BG movement.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    That's why my 870 Magnum is loaded with magnum Sabot slugs. Gotta be prepared for home invasion by bg or illegal search warrant.
    And you will know the search warrant is illegal how? You got a judge in your pocket? Or do you just figure on shooting at any LEO that shows up at your house without your invitation?
    10thmtn likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    In the country, I'm with 12 ga slugs all the way, from behind the bed in the strong room. I use wheel weights and Lyman's 525 gr hollow base mold that fits into a WW red wad to protect the rifled bbl. They stay inside the 3 moa red dot on the canteleverd 20" 870 bbl. The VC ammo belt holds 60.

Outside, the AR10 gets the nod. 180 gr 308 will turn most BG body armor into cheesecloth. If I sound a bit rammy, I've been mugged at gunpoint, and I have very little patience for these scumbags.
    This post was awesome.

VIP Member
    I have 30 rounds of 75 gr OTM match ammo on hand for just such an occasion.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    In Tennessee, it's a felony to wear body armor while in commission of certain violent felonies.
    Dadsnugun likes this.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Just curious.........Anyone care to explain how 00 Buck at close range (10-20 feet) works on run of the mill body armor?
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    And you will know the search warrant is illegal how? You got a judge in your pocket? Or do you just figure on shooting at any LEO that shows up at your house without your invitation?
    If LEOs showed up at my door with a search warrant, I would be at a total loss to know why, as I have committed no crimes. However, they would not be shot at.

Now, if there came a time when some kind of govt operatives were actively engaged in unlawful searches and seizures of innocent individuals, forcing them into vans, and my house was next, that would be another story.

The story doesn't say specifically if the lethal shot went through the body armor. At this point in time, for all we know, the BG could have died from a hit outside of the body armor.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Hmmm... Makes you think a little differently about that .380 doesn't it.

Oops sorry I forgot about "shot placement".

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Just curious.........Anyone care to explain how 00 Buck at close range (10-20 feet) works on run of the mill body armor?
    It sometimes leaves little purple bruises on the person wearing the vest. Where as slugs leave bigger bruises.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links