GOOD: Kroger Employee shoots robber in face - Page 4

GOOD: Kroger Employee shoots robber in face

This is a discussion on GOOD: Kroger Employee shoots robber in face within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by TN_Mike This happened Monday, the 26th of December, just a mile down the street from where I work. I often go into ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: GOOD: Kroger Employee shoots robber in face

the kroger employee could be fired

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    This happened Monday, the 26th of December, just a mile down the street from where I work. I often go into this store to pick up things on the way home.

I know Kroger will most likely fire this employee but I have already shown my support for him by handing the GM of the store a letter stating that I will no longer shop there if the employee is fired.

Police release identity of suspect killed by Kroger employee - fox59.com

according this this video he could fird soon

Kroger employee shoots robber in face, fired! - YouTube

I didn't hear anywhere in the TV report that the employee was fired.

He hasn't been fired at this time. And as of today the Marion County DA has determined he will face no charges for the justified shooting.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

For those who haven't heard. Apparently Kroger is not going to fire Levi.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    When you think about it, the Kroger employee rules about weapons have already achieved what they were meant to achieve. If somebody tries to sue Kroger over this incident, they will be able to point at their rule book and say "See, we didn't allow our employee to bring a gun to work and shoot this guy. All of the blame goes on him personally."

That's why I wish our laws were changed in a way that would protect companies from liabilities like that. If that happened, we'd see a lot more company rulebooks saying things like "no guns allowed without state issued license." or something to that effect.
    That would still do nothing for an employee that want to bring a gun to work. The company would still ban it because they would be worried of a pissed off worker popping shots off at people if he/she gets fired. What we need is the law to state that one can bring a gun into work without risk of being fired but at the same time, the company isn't held for any wrongful death suits.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    When you think about it, the Kroger employee rules about weapons have already achieved what they were meant to achieve. If somebody tries to sue Kroger over this incident, they will be able to point at their rule book and say "See, we didn't allow our employee to bring a gun to work and shoot this guy. All of the blame goes on him personally."
    It doesn't actually work that way. The doctrine of Respondeat superior ("let the master answer") holds an employer liable for the actions of their employee. If a simple line in a rulebook could remove this liability, every employee handbook would have a rule that says "never do anything that creates a civil liability".

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I know Kroger will most likely fire this employee but I have already shown my support for him by handing the GM of the store a letter stating that I will no longer shop there if the employee is fired.

I did the same--we all should.

VIP Member
    Elijah "Levi" Elliott chooses to resign his position at Kroger of his own volition in order "to get a fresh start". His prospects are probably good. We can keep Krogering since the store never intended to fire Levi.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links