4 guns stolen out of Carolina Panther players truck

This is a discussion on 4 guns stolen out of Carolina Panther players truck within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Carolina Panthers' Kion Wilson has four guns stolen from truck - ESPN...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By noway2

Thread: 4 guns stolen out of Carolina Panther players truck

4 guns stolen out of Carolina Panther players truck

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Say WHAT!?!

They have to register their guns with their team? Seriously?

However, Panthers general manager Marty Hurney said the team has checked and the guns are correctly registered to Wilson to travel.

Hurney said Wilson was on his way to a firing range to practice shooting on Monday when he made a stop at a Best Buy and discovered the missing firearms shortly after leaving the store.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Say WHAT!?!

They have to register their guns with their team? Seriously?
    The way I read it is that when traveling with the team they need to let them know they are traveling armed.
    If they somehow require that they have to let them know if they own firearms,I would say that they are stepping on his rights and it should be none of their business
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    He wouldn't say if the firearms are registered to Wilson, citing the privacy of the investigation.
    North Carolina does not have official gun registration. Of course there is at least a partial paper trail based upon serial number but this can get fuzzy after an instate face to face transfer. I am also assuming here that since it took place in Charlotte, that he was at home and wasn't traveling with the team.
    Foley said the truck Wilson owns is a common target for thieves.
    Now that is an interesting comment. Makes me wonder if it somehow stands out, as a target? Getting paid big bucks to chase a ball doesn't exempt you from the law of stupids.
    Dadsnugun and msgt/ret like this.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    That quote could also be a mistake on the reporters part, either mis-quoting or mis-interpreting what was said. Remember, this is the media we're talking about here. No guarantees he's got his facts straight or is printing them straight from the horse's mouth.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    Foley said the truck Wilson owns is a common target for thieves.
    Now that is an interesting comment. Makes me wonder if it somehow stands out, as a target? Getting paid big bucks to chase a ball doesn't exempt you from the law of stupids.
    I think they're referring to the Ford F250 in general. Not his truck specifically.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

NC does not have registration...other than the documentation the ATF requires of all gun dealers to "book" the sale and keep it on file only in the store files.

When I read the local news article about it the comment about registering was from the head coach. It was such that my take away from his comment was that he does not know the ins and outs of gun registration.

Range Development Services, LLC

Let's hope they were only his "truck guns". Otherwise he could be in big trouble. :)

The NFL is anti 2A and that is why I could care less to support it in any way shape or form anymore.

From the NFL policy manual:

“In some circumstances, such as for sport or protection, you may legally possess a firearm or other weapon. However, we strongly recommend that you not do so.”

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    The NFL is anti 2A and that is why I could care less to support it in any way shape or form anymore.
    Most people can't afford to support it...ever price a ticket?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Roger Goodell is a loathsome person and a huge hypocrite.

I'm a casual sports fan; I catch sportscenter when I can and I like to watch games in my downtime. It makes me feel immature to say this, seeing as I have never met the man and I'm not a die-hard fan of any sport, but I don't like or respect Goodell. He's just a pompous jerk who treats millionaire adults like children.

Links