Armed robbers chase down, shoot and kill customer/witness Sumter SC

This is a discussion on Armed robbers chase down, shoot and kill customer/witness Sumter SC within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Customer killed while armed robbery suspects fled - WIS News 10 - Columbia, South Carolina | Sheriff Anthony Dennis says three males wearing ski masks ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Chaplain Scott
  • 3 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By Snub44
  • 2 Post By Snub44

Thread: Armed robbers chase down, shoot and kill customer/witness Sumter SC

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Armed robbers chase down, shoot and kill customer/witness Sumter SC

Customer killed while armed robbery suspects fled - WIS News 10 - Columbia, South Carolina |

Sheriff Anthony Dennis says three males wearing ski masks entered the Money Saver on Lyches River Road and started shooting. The suspects took an undetermined amount of money from the store.

Dennis also says the suspects shot two customers as they were fleeing the scene and one of those customers was killed. The victim was identified as 27-year-old Jayshawn Thompson.
    The sheriff's office says 24-year-old Arris Smalls of Coward was shot in the shoulder as he walked into the gas station.

Deputies say Smalls fell on the ground outside, and Thompson helped him into a car. They drove away but got stuck in a ditch. Deputies say the robbers came to the car and pulled Thompson out of it. Thompson was shot during a struggle and the suspects ran away with an unknown amount of money.
    Pretty bold. It's a jungle out there.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

As irregular as it is I am wondering if maybe the bad guys knew the witness and figure he recognized them. They would have to figure that they were on video during the initial robbery so I don't see any logic to targeting witnesses that can't provide anything more than the video could. But then again, no one ever said these guys were logical.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Note to self: " If you walk up to a business and see armed men with ski masks, don't walk into this store."

So much for the theory of being safe as long as you comply with the BGs..........
    gregnsc likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Ski masks are always a bad sign in the South (most of the ski resorts down here are closed...), and they should be your first clue to dial 911...
    JoJoGunn, rdpG19 and mano3 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Just so you all know, i wasn't awear of what was taken placer insider the store. If i knew i would have never stopped at the store. And yes i did knew one, we grew up together but i couldn't see them due to how well they where covered up.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Note to self: " If you walk up to a business and see armed men with ski masks, don't walk into this store."

So much for the theory of being safe as long as you comply with the BGs..........
    Got off the net and back into your course books!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

...taught my rookies and my sons...LOOK into a store before you walk in...especially at night...don't go in until you see normal movement....and BE ARMED 24/7...you're NEVER "just" going to the store for a pack of smokes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post

Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggie View Post
    Just so you all know, i wasn't awear of what was taken placer insider the store. If i knew i would have never stopped at the store. And yes i did knew one, we grew up together but i couldn't see them due to how well they where covered up.
    Interesting first post...
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I'm assuming you're claiming to be Arris then?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    In some areas of our great nation ski masks are consider normal attire as is a sweat shirt with a hood. Those two items are very popular pieces of clothing and are worn by many here in SE Florida.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

...here in Tx, too...but most folks don't wear a ski mask into a convenience store...twice...
    JoJoGunn and ep1953 like this.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    I live on the other side of Columbia from Sumter. I've been there a few times to look at used cars and such. Not a great area to begin with, and there's a lot of gang activity in the region. Glad I moved to where I did, and not over there.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Then how's your shoulder since the others one dead. 😵
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Hey man, what you name is.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

VIP Member
    Classic case of being in the right place at the wrong time.

If they were armed, they would have been better able to defend themselves when they got stuck in the ditch.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links