Prosecutor clears Kroger shooter

Prosecutor clears Kroger shooter

This is a discussion on Prosecutor clears Kroger shooter within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Prosecutor clears Kroger shooter | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com The Marion County prosecutor has officially cleared a Kroger employee who shot and killed an ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Prosecutor clears Kroger shooter

Thumbs up Prosecutor clears Kroger shooter

Prosecutor clears Kroger shooter | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

The Marion County prosecutor has officially cleared a Kroger employee who shot and killed an unarmed would-be robber, while also offering more details about what happened inside the grocery store that evening.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

That's good news, too bad he's unemployed.

Senior Moderator
    Kroger has not fired the employee, according to the article. I suspect they are feeling a lot of public pressure against firing him.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Doubt they will fire him, he will pressured to resign with a nice severance package.
    rolyat63 likes this.

Nice work Mr. Elliot...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Kroger has not fired the employee, according to the article. I suspect they are feeling a lot of public pressure against firing him.
    I imagine they are, but things will cool down and after they 'review it ' over the next 3 mo's and when no-one is paying attention, they'll let him go.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Oh, he'll be fired, but they will find another reason that has nothing to do with this incident! Personally, anyone injured as a result of violence at a business that hinders your right to protect yourself, should be sued for failing to protect you from said violence!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

The saddest part of this event is that they'll accuse him of breaking company policy and he won't even get unemployment compensation.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Oh, he'll be fired, but they will find another reason that has nothing to do with this incident! Personally, anyone injured as a result of violence at a business that hinders your right to protect yourself, should be sued for failing to protect you from said violence!
    Why should the victims be sued for failing to protect themselves?
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Eventually Kroger will decide to let him go. They will and must stand by their "policy" until it is changed to allow employees to be armed while on the job. Until that happens, most likely never, Elliot is toast.

I love the part where Atkinson, the dead thug, overpowered an "unarmed" Security person. Why even have a "security" person if they are unarmed. Sort of like having a firearm, but no ammunition for it.
    bigdog44 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

The one thing that I get out of this is that Wisconsin did it right with their CC law. Having it so that businesses are only free from civil liability if they allow weapons on to their premises is the way to go.

I'm glad the employees of Kroger are all safe an sound though. Hopefully Mr Elliot will not loose his job, but for now it is up to the employer to make that determination. Right or wrong, to terminate his services.

The criminal learned what the ultimate consequence of being bad can be. He earned his reward.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I imagine they are, but things will cool down and after they 'review it ' over the next 3 mo's and when no-one is paying attention, they'll let him go.

^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^

Thats what I got from the article as well, from the below excerpt::
    From article:
    "Kroger expresses our appreciation to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, Marion County prosecutor's office and the community for its support during the past 10 days. This has been a very stressful time for our Kroger family. The company has an ongoing internal review. There is no specific timeline for the completion of our review, and we have no further comment at this time."
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    But...but....but....they had an unarmed security person in duty. She was the first hostage. What more can we expect them to do. I guess they could put up finger buster signs, that way the BG's can't stick it in someones back to simulate having a real gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

No hard fingers allowed. Other hard parts must be out of camera range. Ha Ha

Seems everyone is convinced he will be let go. The thing is, I remember reading somewhere that their employee manual only says bringing firearms is not permitted. It doesn't specify what the punishment will be. They could easily just give him a verbal warning and send him back to work as usual. They could say something like "violations of this policy will be handled on a case-by-case basis." That way they can sort of say that he was punished in this case, but the next guy caught with a firearm may not be so lucky. That would give employees who do carry an extra incentive to keep the darned thing out of sight from anyone and everyone unless something bad happens.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links