Good: Another pregnant woman with a shotgun.

This is a discussion on Good: Another pregnant woman with a shotgun. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Pregnant Woman With Shotgun Thwarts Burglars « CBS Minnesota Story and video. Two guys kick in her door and are sent running by the sound ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Good: Another pregnant woman with a shotgun.

Good: Another pregnant woman with a shotgun.

Pregnant Woman With Shotgun Thwarts Burglars « CBS Minnesota

Story and video. Two guys kick in her door and are sent running by the sound of a 12 ga pump shotgun.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

2. Remove Ads

A lot of open questions, sounds as if the perps new the husband and dogs. I mean I would not even think of breaking in a home with a pitt bull!

The 3 sweetest sounds:

1. The smiling cry of your newborn.

2. The woman who gave birth to him/her saying "I love you".

3. The sound of a pumped 12 gauge shotgun.

Today was most excellent.
    bigdog44 likes this.

They almost failed victim selection!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I love it when a plan comes together. Too bad they damaged her door.

Brave lady...nice work!
    Too bad the perps will live to possibly hurt the next victim.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

gasmitty, here you go.

Good for her. Some friends of mine are now looking to buy a shotgun. I just posted this on FB and hope they see it. I'm hoping to get with them and shoot some soon.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Good for her and I hope they catch the perps and put the screws to them...
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Another woman who kept her cool, focused on the task at hand, had the required skills and training, and as a result successfully ended the invasion of her home protecting herself and her unborn child. She called 911, her husband, loaded the shotgun, racked a shell in the chamber and was ready to defend herself. She is a hunter, knows guns, and was in what I'd call her dangerously calm Mamma Grizzley mode.

I really can't think of anything she could have done better. Well done lady.

The key to both this and the OK woman's success was they had some time to get ready. The doors were locked and they didn't let the bad guys in. This was one of the 80% where the gun is present but not fired.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I know the anti's will never believe it, but not all firearm related incidents end up with the weapon being discharged at the criminal in question.

This is exactly what we who have, and keep firearms have been saying all along. A firearm can and will be used and it doesn't always have to be fired to stop a threat. However the anti crowd will suggest otherwise.

Yes, there is nothing like the sound of a racking 12 gauge to impart terror into the mind of the thugs.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Good for her! I personally don't put much stock in the sound of racking a shell into a pump shotty. If you've got an amped -up perp, he may never hear it. But these guys recognized the sound, and that's good enough for me. This time.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

sgb
    The sound of a pumped 12 gauge shotgun.

.........................................and the legend continues
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Good for her!
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    A lot of open questions, sounds as if the perps new the husband and dogs. I mean I would not even think of breaking in a home with a pitt bull!
    You wouldn't think of it, but that's probably because you're a law-abiding citizen. It's scary the kind of stupidity that passes through the minds of criminals. The only safe place for that kind of behavior is politics.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

mel
    Here's to seeing these idiots behind bars, sooner rather than later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links