Microstamping Threat Back in New York

This is a discussion on Microstamping Threat Back in New York within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Microstamping | NY | guns | gun control | The Daily Caller " For the fourth year in a row, anti-gun legislators from New York ...

Thread: Microstamping Threat Back in New York

Angry Microstamping Threat Back in New York

Microstamping | NY | guns | gun control | The Daily Caller

"For the fourth year in a row, anti-gun legislators from New York City have introduced firearms microstamping legislation (Assembly Bill 1157b) that would result in banning firearms in the Empire State. "

2. Remove Ads

If it does pass, then no manufacturer would sell firearms in NYS because the cost to implement the useless technology is high to say the least.

It's funny, but a small file being used on the firing pin would make the microstamp disappear, and the gun would still be useable.

Senior Moderator
    If it does pass, then no manufacturer would sell firearms in NYS because the cost to implement the useless technology is high to say the least.
    Who's to say that isnt the original goal?

Lets not forget that one of the favorite tricks of rabid anti gun communists is the make the sale or manufacture of guns so high that the average Joe can no longer afford them.
    Silly little technologys such as the above go a long way to fowarding that goal.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Who's to say that isnt the original goal?

Lets not forget that one of the favorite tricks of rabid anti gun communists is the make the sale or manufacture of guns so high that the average Joe can no longer afford them.
    Silly little technologys such as the above go a long way to fowarding that goal.
    I guess you pretty much nailed it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Prezactly! Just take a look at ammo prices these days!
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

I wonder if they've ever considered mega stamping Bloomberg and company? Just wonderin'
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

AH....atleast my republic for the people (NY) is consistant. Another year another submission of this bill. SIGH..time to get out the pen and paper and fire up the email again for all my legislators..........
    Big brother knows best I guess...they know whats best for us dumb New Yorkers.......Im surprised we can take a dump on our own here!!
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

What are these people on? I need a bottle!

I wonder how they are gonna update LE agency firearms in NY if that bill passes since Firearm companies aren't gonna go to the expense to put in the equipment.Even if they put in some kinda waiver for LE agencies if I was CEO of a firearms company I would tell them sorry guys but if we can't sell to civilians you guys are gonna reap what you sow
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links