Justifiable "homicide" rate goes up in Motown

This is a discussion on Justifiable "homicide" rate goes up in Motown within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The way this article is written and quoted, you would think this is a bad thing...typical lib media. Detroit's Justifiable Homicide Rate Increased in 2011...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mlr1m
  • 1 Post By WD54241
  • 1 Post By noway2

Thread: Justifiable "homicide" rate goes up in Motown

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

Justifiable "homicide" rate goes up in Motown

The way this article is written and quoted, you would think this is a bad thing...typical lib media.

Detroit's Justifiable Homicide Rate Increased in 2011
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

2. Remove Ads

As long as it's the criminals blood running in the streets, I don't see the problem. They'll get the message eventually, or get thinned out enough it will go down.

BTW, that article is full of fail.

1- They want cops to stop crimes? Sounds great, good goal; but what do you do when the cop can't be there?
    2- But there is a shortage of police officers. Makes #1 tough.
    3- They think self defense is both illegal and vigilantism. Brilliant!
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Former homicide detective Mike Carlisle says justifiable or not, 378 people were murdered in the Motor City last year.
    I wonder if he felt this way when he was still on the force and one of his fellow officers had to kill someone? I doubt he called it murder then.

Michael
    Bark'n likes this.

I personally feel safer everytime one of these animals is taken out. Just because they decide that my family or I are their target for the day, does not mean that I'm going to be a willing victim.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

My take on the story is #1. The author is anti-gun for failing to provide the other side of the story. #2. The local police not only are understaffed but also anti-gun.

That being the case and most folks have fled that city might I suggest a low yield tactical nuke! Start over and call it New Detroit.
    mook012 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    My take on the story is #1. The author is anti-gun for failing to provide the other side of the story. #2. The local police not only are understaffed but also anti-gun.

That being the case and most folks have fled that city might I suggest a low yield tactical nuke! Start over and call it New Detroit.
    Wasn't this the theme in the movie Robo Cop?
    I agree that the author is just spewing anti-gun nonsense. The article is full of contradictions:
    "If you don't have the protection of police officers, then you're forcing people to take matters into their own [hands]," .... which is illegal
    If it were illegal, it wouldn't be JUSTIFIABLE homicide.
    "It's important that the citizens realize that although we are experiences these spikes in these homicides and the shootings, that the homicide unit is working diligently to try to close these cases,"
    This sounds like it was taken out of context deliberately to juxtapose that self defense and justifiable homicide is a crime. While the cases may be investigated and cleared, this isn't what is implied. And another similar example, where the intent may be different than the quoted wording:
    You don't get the true meaning of what the homicide count means if you're going to start deleting figures from it. You're getting a false sense of security, and right now I don't think a false sense of security is what this city needs," he said.
    WD54241 likes this.

What am I missing? I see no problem with people legally protecting themselves and their families.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wow, the author's bias is so bad it can't be missed. It's too bad he doesn't get to live his dream and be a victim of one of those "unfortunate people" that was justifiably shot.

I don't understand people who think like him. There is no logic to their thought pattern, and there can be no reasoning with them.

jus·ti·fy (jst-f)
    v. jus·ti·fied, jus·ti·fy·ing, jus·ti·fies
    v.tr.
    1. To demonstrate or prove to be just, right, or valid: justified
    2. To declare free of blame; absolve[/
    The way I see it, there was no reason to even write something like this article because of the definition of justified. So what is the Author's point or case? He didn't say anything about homicide that was not justified. Just more anti-gun bs to make it look like guns need to be banned or at the very least so severely regulated, there won't be any more legal folk using them.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Citizens killing citizens because they're afraid. What does this mean?
    This is laughably poor reporting.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Senior Moderator
    Was it Dirty Harry that said...

"as long as the right people are getting shot, what's the problem"?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Poor writing.

Honestly, it can be read either way... almost...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

It’s time for Kirk Russell to make an “Escape from Detroit “movie

Quote Originally Posted by Okemo View Post
    This is laughably poor reporting.
    Oh, this was supposed to be reporting? Hmmm... I thought it was an Op-Ed piece. And a rather stupid one at that.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

Links