Bad/ Armed robbers hit Atascocita Wal-Mart

This is a discussion on Bad/ Armed robbers hit Atascocita Wal-Mart within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I usually shop at this location and my area is getting bad everyday. Time to move. I am leaning that this was an inside job. ...

Thread: Bad/ Armed robbers hit Atascocita Wal-Mart

Bad/ Armed robbers hit Atascocita Wal-Mart

I usually shop at this location and my area is getting bad everyday. Time to move. I am leaning that this was an inside job. What do you all think?

Armed robbers hit Atascocita Wal-Mart - Houston Chronicle

2. Remove Ads

sgb
    Definitely involving a current or former employee knowing the stores routine.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

How often is a well ran crew that sets a major hit? Look at the first employee who does not show up for work the next day.

Also they got only 10,000?

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    How often is a well ran crew that sets a major hit? Look at the first employee who does not show up for work the next day.

Also they got only 10,000?
    Well, that is a lot more money than you'd get from robbing a convenience store. The problem with a life of crime like this (well, besides the morality issue) is that is really just doesn't pay. If there were two of them then that is $5,000 a piece. Plus they had to abandon a car. True, it was probably stolen anyway. That might last these thugs a month at best, especially if they are drug users. So then they have to go do it again. Every time they do it they stand a chance of being caught or being killed.

They seemed to have a really good plan and may get away with it... this time.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Greed/need will eventually catch up with them.

Even when I go (seldom) to Wally World, I am armed and continually watching who is around me, who is coming into the store, etc. It is a great place to see weird people...just keep up the SA.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

well I guess no one was doing the wal-mart walk with there new ccw permit

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    well I guess no one was doing the wal-mart walk with there new ccw permit
    Or they saw what was going on and thought it would be a good idea not to intervene.

VIP Member
    I used to work for a Wal-Mart as an Asset Protection Associate. I was always concerned that this was an easy type of robbery that could happen. I guess it was only a matter of time. The store I worked for usually had around 15-20K in the box after they emptied the tills.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Sounds like a lousy store procedure, about to get re-written.

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    I used to work for a Wal-Mart as an Asset Protection Associate. I was always concerned that this was an easy type of robbery that could happen. I guess it was only a matter of time. The store I worked for usually had around 15-20K in the box after they emptied the tills.

^^^^^^^^^^^Crazy thing is^^^^^^^^^^^

This is about $25.00 to the average person.
    Sucks to loose that kind of money, but my God, cashing out that kind of money before the doors are closed is stupid.
    Close the doors 10 minutes earlier, and do it then, if they want to save payroll from having people there too long after.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Sounds like a lousy store procedure, about to get re-written.

^^^^^^^^^^^Crazy thing is^^^^^^^^^^^

This is about $25.00 to the average person.
    Sucks to loose that kind of money, but my God, cashing out that kind of money before the doors are closed is stupid.
    Close the doors 10 minutes earlier, and do it then, if they want to save payroll from having people there too long after.
    Close the doors? 99% of the Wal-Marts around here are open 24-7. There is no closing the doors.
    Last edited by sigmanluke; January 12th, 2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: sp
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

It wouldn't even have to be an inside job,Walmarts clear the registers several times a day at the same time,the theory is that by limiting the cash in the tills they won't get as big a payday,I'm willing to bet if WM hadn't changed money several times the hit would have been closer to $100,000.
    I might pack a 1911,but 30 rounds from an AK or AR trumps my 45 + they may be wearing body armor so you may need headshots to take them out,unless my life is in imminent danger I'm not gonna escalate
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Close the doors? 99% of the Wal-Marts around here are open 24-7. There is no closing the doors.
    Same here; local Wal-Mart stores are open 24/7.

Our local Wal-Mart only collects from one register at a time as the employee running it change shifts. Of course, I live in a small town and they only keep a few of the 13 registers open most of the time.

If I had been there, would have had to pass on intervening... Not my problem unless they start shooting. Even then shooting back in a crowded store would be insane IMO.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

Update

Here is the update on this robbery which is now proven to be an inside job

Teens charged in Atascocita Walmart robbery - Monday, January 16, 2012 - Copyright 2007 Ourtribune.com

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    It's not my money so they'll get no resistence from me.

Links