Good: Shop Owner defends himself.

This is a discussion on Good: Shop Owner defends himself. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police: Man killed during apparent robbery attempt had no record of violence Occurring int NC. My first thought was that everything in this article ... ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas

Thread: Good: Shop Owner defends himself.

Good: Shop Owner defends himself.

Police: Man killed during apparent robbery attempt had no record of violence

Occurring int NC. My first thought was that everything in this article ... the writer and even the police support the shop owner.

The story content here though makes me think this could have gone very wrong for the shop owner. Hope it doesn't come back to bite him.

Police can't be 100 percent sure, Hyatt said, but the man apparently had been in the store a week earlier while armed with a short sledgehammer and fled when Hickman pulled a gun from under the counter.

When the man walked into the store before noon Wednesday, Hickman fired two warning shots and ordered the man to lie down, Hyatt said.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

2. Remove Ads

Oh well, this dirtbag should have taken the advice of the clerk when he heard the warning shots (why warning shots?)
    Now he won't be robbing anyone else.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Just because someone does not have a "record" of violent behaviour, does not mean they are not violent. He was armed with a sledge hammer. I have often joked about my two favourite tools, one : a sledgehammer and two : a Stanley wrecking bar. Both can inflict severe damage to the human body and even cause death.

Years ago, a derranged neighbour of my grand parents "attacked" me as I backed out of the driveway. He was armed with a sledgehammer, whacked the top of my trunk and proceeded to flee into his house. At that time, I was not armed or carrying any thing, and I was lucky he chose not attack me with the hammer. Had he done so, the outcome could have been different.

This weapon weilding thug lost his life in doing what he did. Nobody put him into that scenario except himself.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Good for the shop owner,but why fire warning shots,that could bite you later,the perp had no record because he prob had'nt ever been caught,they write that like he was innocent,he deffinitely got his!

Already running here

But jeez, how smart is it to try to rob a gunshop?
    WD54241 likes this.
    It could be worse.
    "A law that burdens the exercise of an enumerated constitutional right by simply making that right more difficult to exercise cannot be considered “reasonably adapted” to a government interest, no matter how substantial that interest may be."
    Wollard V Sheridan

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Already running here

But jeez, how smart is it to try to rob a gunshop?
    Ummmm good point!

Links