really REALLY BAD: Taking a toddler...

This is a discussion on really REALLY BAD: Taking a toddler... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; During a home invasion... Woman on way to church forgot something, goes back home... finds interlopers, who take her toddler from her arms..... Story here ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By marcclarke
  • 1 Post By suntzu
  • 1 Post By Hiram25

Thread: really REALLY BAD: Taking a toddler...

During a home invasion...

Woman on way to church forgot something, goes back home... finds interlopers, who take her toddler from her arms.....

Story here

Oh no... no way.... I don't know what I'd do about it... but that one requires extreme prejudice....
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Come home with 2 year old in arms, notice belongings disturbed, immediately exit house and call 911. Do not attempt house clearing on your own, sans weapon, with 2 year old in your arms.
    Rock and Glock and babarock like this.

At least the child and lady are OK
    Medic218 likes this.

One wonders if the front door was unlocked upon her return (clue).........

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

The next description should read, "Two horizontal Hispanics...:
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Evidently, these two knuckledraggers have rehearsed this one.
    Last ditch effort, grab baby, make getaway, let kid go and hope you don't get fingered for the invasion.
    Chumps.

Hopefully in the future, they get sloppier and goof up, and get caught or even better.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Evidently, these two knuckledraggers have rehearsed this one.
    Last ditch effort, grab baby, make getaway, let kid go and hope you don't get fingered for the invasion.
    Chumps.

Hopefully in the future, they get sloppier and goof up, and get caught or even better.
    I don't say this lightly, and I'm generally a shoot to end guy. But that's a death sentence in my home. I'm willing to take the chance and shot them anyway. So is my wife. I'm not letting anyone out of my sight with my kids. Period.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Now they can add Kidnapping to the charges when they find these individuals, and I believe they will find them.
    Naufragia likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I don't say this lightly, and I'm generally a shoot to end guy. But that's a death sentence in my home. I'm willing to take the chance and shot them anyway. So is my wife. I'm not letting anyone out of my sight with my kids. Period.
    I'm with you on that one. As far as I'm concerned, if they are heading away from me with a grand child in their arms, the threat is not over, and they are targets.

That's when you want ammo that doesn't come out the other side of the bad guy. I like my 9mm Hornady Critical Defense in that situation. I like it period, but especially in that situation.

Fitchy
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    High capacity rules here. Surgical neutralization shots if you have them, then/otherwise work the legs.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sponsored Links