Mother shoots and kills son in self defense - Page 2

Mother shoots and kills son in self defense

This is a discussion on Mother shoots and kills son in self defense within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Eagleks Sad it happened ...... but, it doesn't make any difference who the attacker is. AS a mom, I"m sure she's broken ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Mother shoots and kills son in self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Sad it happened ...... but, it doesn't make any difference who the attacker is. AS a mom, I"m sure she's broken up about it, but she also obvious didn't feel she had any other option at that moment.

It isn't talked about, but .... there is alot of kids in control of households, and parental abuse going on .

We need to untie parents hands.
    You're right and I think its because the kids get no discipline while growing up. Often its because the parents see their child as doing no wrong or just plain being too lenient with them.

My grandson is six years old. Both his mother and her mother will let the little guy get away with anything. My son and I both make him mind. We do this with a firm and steady voice and have not spanked him yet. To this point, verbal instruction has been enough to get his attention. I hope he doesn't do anything to warrant a spanking but if he does his dad will take care of it.

The result is, his mother and grandmother can't get him to obey when they do try to get him to settle down. When he is with me or his dad he does in fact obey.

It is really interesting the way different people think. His grandmother told me that she didn't want to "be hard on the boy" because he is her only grandson. I replied that he is my only grandson as well but I don't want him to grow up to be a punk. She said she could understand that but she would leave the discipline to his dad and me.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I believe that is locally known a LVC, but I may be mixing my gangs up. I worked with a kid in it. Never quite got him pried out of that mess. As for the local feelings, everyone I've talked to thinks it horrible but was the right thing to do. We are pretty pro SD around here. Around here we would call the girlfriend "About as sharp as a box of rocks."

Let's see, she gets stabbed 27 times and boyfriend gets shot and killed. I think there is a lesson to be learned here.

^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^

I think it's, "I wouldn't stand next to either one of them in a thunder & lightning storm"

EX GF sounds like a dumb bimbo. ( should have prefaced that with clueless)
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links