Mother shoots and kills son in self defense

This is a discussion on Mother shoots and kills son in self defense within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is pretty crazy. It seems there was a history of this kind of behavior. This is a mile of so from my house. But ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Mother shoots and kills son in self defense

This is pretty crazy. It seems there was a history of this kind of behavior. This is a mile of so from my house. But it's also in the not so great part of town. I think there is some gang involvement on this one too according to other reports.

"When his parents went to bed, Barger went into their bedroom and started assaulting them by pulling them out of bed and beating them on the ground.

His mom reached for a pistol when Barger started beating his father and she ordered him to stop, according to police.

When he came at her, she fired, shooting him directly in the chest. "

Mother shoots, kills son during bedroom assault | Crime | Hickory News
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

The kid LOOKS weird...sorry day that a mother has to shoot her son, but she actually had to safe two lives...not much of a choice.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The kid LOOKS weird...sorry day that a mother has to shoot her son, but she actually had to safe two lives...not much of a choice.
    I think it's the eyes. Yikes. Article states "Police believe Barger had a mental condition. Other family also told police that Barger had a history of threatening people." sounds like a problem waiting to happen. I feel very sad for the lady, it would have to be horrible to be in that position.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    This is a quote taken from one of his facebook friend's and possibly girlfriend's facebook page:

"how can someone shoot there own son and kill him he meant the world to me can anybody hear me ??????? just in case u dont know whats going on this past friday morning about1.30 or 2.00 o clock justin my ex boy friend was shoot and killed ny his mother karen and she is getting off with self defense its just like that girl that stabbed me 27 times she got off with nothing but she almost took my life well his my did take his life and justice needs to be served i dont care if it was me i would never get so why is it so different for her." I'll leave her name off of here though.

Also on his page he has a picture that says Folk Nation Gangster Disciple.

I wonder how the community and everyone feels about her shooting her own son, like this girl above acts like she murdered him in cold blood. Sure sounds like a good shoot to me though.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

What a horrible family tragedy! What the parents must feel must be just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    I wonder how the community and everyone feels about her shooting her own son, like this girl above acts like she murdered him in cold blood. Sure sounds like a good shoot to me though.
    I believe that is locally known a LVC, but I may be mixing my gangs up. I worked with a kid in it. Never quite got him pried out of that mess. As for the local feelings, everyone I've talked to thinks it horrible but was the right thing to do. We are pretty pro SD around here. Around here we would call the girlfriend "About as sharp as a box of rocks."

Let's see, she gets stabbed 27 times and boyfriend gets shot and killed. I think there is a lesson to be learned here.

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I believe that is locally known a LVC, but I may be mixing my gangs up. I worked with a kid in it. Never quite got him pried out of that mess. As for the local feelings, everyone I've talked to thinks it horrible but was the right thing to do. We are pretty pro SD around here. Around here we would call the girlfriend "About as sharp as a box of rocks."

Let's see, she gets stabbed 27 times and boyfriend gets shot and killed. I think there is a lesson to be learned here.
    Yes, I got quite a few laughs from reading through her facebook page. Not very sharp indeed.

What does the LVC stand for?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Longview Crips. Although with the folk nation gangster disciple stuff I'm probably wrong. I guess it depends on who aligns with whom around here. I'm way past needing to care or paying that much attention though.

As a side not, he was FB friends with a girl we know from this neighborhood. That may explain why she got in so much trouble around her as a kid. She's in community college now, hopefully actually turning her life around. We got involved in a neighborhood problem involving our neighbors and her family. Neighbors were at fault, but she did not exactly back off either. Small world.

Live the gankstas's life, die the Ganksta's death is about all I can say... Sad situation for sure, but it sure sounds like the kid was a stick of dynamite waiting on someone to light the fuse.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    A few years ago, our doorbell rang at 11 at night. I grabbed my EDC and opened the door to find our next door neighbor lady laying at our door step covered in blood. Her son, who is schistophrenic quit taking his meds. unbeknown to her and then he decided his mother was the devil and he tried to kill her by beating and kicking her. She managed to crawl to our house for help. I stood over her while my wife, a retired nurse, called the police and tried to attend to her wounds while waiting for the ambulance. The kid ran away. They caught him 5 days later and he is currently serving a 5 yr. sentence for attempted murder. His mother, our next door neighbor, asked me what kind of gun she should get because she assured me that if he comes back after he gets out, she will protect herself. Stuff like this happens more often than you think. The kid was also convinced we were killing people and burying them in our yard. It was when we were having work done on our sprinkler system. I don't go out of the house unarmed.

What a horrible thing for a mother to have to do. I hope she can truly justify it in her own mind and continue to live peaceably...hate to say it but...good shoot.
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

Sad story, but kid got what he needed. Many times a parent will not do for their kids what is needed for their own good, that kid needed some psych help.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I guess she is onea those parents that said"I brought you into this world,and I can take you outta this world" and meant it.
    It's gotta be a tough call,but when somebody attacks you and you feel in fear for your life,you gotta realise,they attacked you,and anybody worth a crap doesn't offensively attack their parents.
    FWIW If the punk was 18 and exhibiting a gangsta lifestyle,he wouldn't be living in my house
    DontTreadOnI and pfries like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sad it happened ...... but, it doesn't make any difference who the attacker is. AS a mom, I"m sure she's broken up about it, but she also obvious didn't feel she had any other option at that moment.

It isn't talked about, but .... there is alot of kids in control of households, and parental abuse going on .

We need to untie parents hands.
    pfries likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

GM
    Very sad. Behavioral problems plus alcohol and is not a good combination at all. I can imagine how horrible the mother fells.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links