Man shot with own gun

This is a discussion on Man shot with own gun within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't know exactly how to say this without sounding like a chairborne ranger but.... If the time comes for me to draw, I have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Man shot with own gun

I don't know exactly how to say this without sounding like a chairborne ranger but....

If the time comes for me to draw, I have already decided that the situation warrants the use of deadly force. If circumstances change and the situation descalates all the better, but there would be little time for further deliberation at that point.

That being said, I have had limited experience with firearms in a real world self defense situation. The one time that I did have a life or death choice to make didn't result in any shots fired or the perp even knowing how close he had come. Thankfully circumstances intervened and he fled.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    two guys at that time are on there own or a ph call but a woman I will always stop. there is no way I leave a woman on the side of the road
    Yep, wouldn't that be tasty bait with TWO in the bush!
    l1a1 and babarock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by l1a1 View Post
    That being said, I have had limited experience with firearms in a real world self defense situation. The one time that I did have a life or death choice to make didn't result in any shots fired or the perp even knowing how close he had come. Thankfully circumstances intervened and he fled.
    Same here.. the one instance I had a confrontation with a group of thugs verbally threatening me, I was holding my Glock 19 behind my back, ready to fire. I was able to talk them down by pretending it was all my fault and apologizing. Those thugs walked away thinking they were so awesome and probably laughed about me later on. Little did they know what was waiting for them had they not accepted my words of de-escalation.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Sorry, but at 4:30 in the morning, the only thing a car on the side of the road is going to get from me is a 911 call as I drive on by.
    This...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links